The Ice biome, also known as the Underground Tundra or Underground Snow biome, is a biome that is the underground version of the Snow biome, starting at the Cavern layer and stopping at the lava layer. On the , the Ice biome starts at the versionUnderground layer. It is composed mainly of Snow Blocks and Ice Blocks. Thin Ice can be found generated over water and breaks when a character falls over 4 tiles onto it (unless using the Ice Skates or another accessory crafted from them). The Ice biome is the only place where Frozen Chests ( Ice Chests) can be found naturally.
On the , versionnormal-sized worlds only have a 1/3 chance of containing a snow biome, and their respective underground. Furthermore, Armored Vikings, Snow Flinx, Icy Mermen, Ice Tortoises and Ice Mimics will spawn much more rarely than on the Desktop version, Console version, Old-gen console version, and Mobile version.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Most enemies in the Ice biome as well as in the Snow biome inflict the Chilled debuff, and more rarely the Frozen debuff.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Now generates further away from spawn point, and in a more narrow shape.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.