- Internal Item ID: 1332
- This page is about the item. For the debuff, see Ichor (debuff).
Ichor is a Hardmode crafting material dropped by Ichor Stickers and the Tainted Ghoul in the Hardmode Underground Crimson and Crimson Underground Desert respectively. It is used to craft many Ichor-related items. It is the Crimson counterpart to the Corruption's Cursed Flame.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
|Golden Shower ( )||Bookcase|
|Golden Shower ( )|
|Ichor Dart (100)||By Hand|
|Ichor Torch (33)|
|Living Ichor Block (20)||Crystal Ball|
|Flask of Ichor ( )||Imbuing Station|
|Flask of Ichor ( )|
|Ichor Arrow (150) ( )||Mythril Anvil|
|Ichor Arrow (35) ( )|
|Ichor Bullet (150) ( )|
|Ichor Bullet (50) ( )|
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Ichor does not burn up in lava, so pouring lava on Ichor Stickers is one possible way to collect Ichor. This also means areas with naturally generated lava can be used as natural traps to farm Ichor.
- If players create an artificial Underground Crimson in a Corruption world, they may obtain Ichor. One might simply bring it from another world as a solution. As of the 1.4 update, it is possible to obtain Ichor in a Corrupt world without the use of creating another world. To do so, one must buy Crimson Seeds from the Dryad in Hardmode while in a Graveyard and let it spread underground to create an artificial Underground Crimson biome, giving access to Ichor.
- If one wishes to fish for an extended amount of time, Hematic Crates can supply a few amount of Ichor.
- Ichor should be gathered as much as possible, as it is a valuable crafting material even in the endgame. If you truly have a surplus, making Ichor Arrows is probably the best sales route, nearly doubling the sale price.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Ichor, in Greek mythology, is the golden ethereal fluid that flows in the blood of gods and immortals, as also said in the item's tooltip. It also means a discharge from a wound or ulcer. H.P. Lovecraft, the creator of the original Cthulhu character, often used "ichor" in his descriptions of otherworldly creatures.
- It can be pronounced "eye-core", or "eye-ker". It can be pronounced "Iker" to rhyme with "sticker", hence the name of the enemy, Ichor Sticker.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.