Ichor is a debuff that lowers the afflicted entity's defense by 20. It is inflicted by the ranged attack of an Ichor Sticker found in the Underground Crimson or by the Tainted Ghoul found in Crimson Underground Deserts in Hardmode. It can also be inflicted by weapons and the ammo crafted with Ichor.
Causes[edit | edit source]
From player[edit | edit source]
|Golden Shower||10 seconds||100%|
|Ichor Bullet||10 seconds||100%|
|Ichor Arrow||10 seconds||100%|
|Flask of Ichor||10–19 seconds||100%|
|Ichor Dart||7–14 seconds||100%|
|Bladetongue||5–9 seconds (sword)
3–7 seconds (projectile)
From enemy[edit | edit source]
|Ichor Sticker||15 / 30 seconds||1/1 (100%)|
|Tainted Ghoul||7 / 14 seconds||1/1 (100%)|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Enemies afflicted with Ichor are tinted golden and will still be visible in the dark with no glow.
- The debuff will not reduce an enemy's defense below 0.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because of its effect, it is useful even in late-game, since barely any enemies are resistant to it. It is especially useful against enemies with high defense (e.g. Skeletron Prime (especially during head-spins), Paladins, Duke Fishron, etc.)
- A common tactic is to use an Ichor-inflicting weapon on an enemy, and then finish it off with the player's main weapon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite inflicting the Ichor debuff, Ichor Stickers are not immune to it.
- The damage increase from Ichor actually changes depending on the difficulty, on Journey/Classic it will increase the effective damage by 10, 15 on Expert and 20 on Master mode. this is due to how the effectiveness of defence changes with the difficulty, getting stronger as it gets harder.
Immune NPCs[edit | edit source]
- Ancient Cultist
- Ancient Vision
- Bubble Shield
- Desert Spirit
- Dungeon Spirit
- Evolution Beast
- Flying Dutchman
- Goblin Summoner
- Headless Horseman
- Martian Saucer
- Milkyway Weaver
- Mothron Egg
- Mourning Wood
- Mysterious Portal
- Mysterious Tablet
- Phantasm Dragon
- Pirate's Curse
- Shadowflame Apparition
- Solar Pillar
- The Destroyer
See Also[edit | edit source]
- Betsy's Curse, another debuff that lowers defense.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.4: Fixed bug where Flask of Gold would apply Ichor debuff on enemies rather than Midas debuff.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.