|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Damage||60 / 120 (melee)|
74 / 148 (ranged)
|Max Life||280 / 560|
|KB Resist||50% / 55%|
|Debuff duration||25 seconds / 50 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Your movement speed has been reduced|
|Debuff duration||1 - 2 seconds / 2 - 4 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||You can't move!|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 206
The Icy Merman is a Hardmode enemy found in the Underground Snow Biome. Upon gaining line of sight to the player, it will stop in place and begin firing ice projectiles similar to those fired by the Frost Staff, but with less frequency. Its projectiles also behave similarily to those of the Ice Elemental, but they are weaker in strength and fired more rapidly. Their icy spit attack causes the Chilled debuff, and more rarely, Frozen.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- As they stop in place when firing at the player, they are easily dispatched with a long-ranged weapon that fires more rapidly than their water-spit attack, such as the Phoenix Blaster. This will easily lock them in place. Alternatively, if you can use cover to get close to them without being hit by their projectile attack, they are vulnerable to melee weapons. However, if you are caught by their projectile and it causes Chilled it will be far more difficult to get into close-range without being hit by more of their attacks.
- A Nimbus Rod can be used to kill them effectively while they stand still.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated. Old sprite was .
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.