Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Knockback||2 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||36 Very Slow|
|Tooltip||Summons an imp to fight for you|
|Buff tooltip||The imp will fight for you|
- Flying Imp
The Imp Staff is a summon weapon which spawns a miniature Flying Imp minion that follows the player and fires three fireballs at enemies. Fireballs always inflict the On Fire! debuff for 3-7 seconds and can pierce multiple enemies. Like other minions, the summoned Imp is invincible and follows the player for an unlimited amount of time, unless the player dies, summons a replacement minion, cancels the buff, or leaves the world.
Its best modifier is Ruthless. The Mythical modifier provides the widest array of stats bonuses, but these primarily affect the initial summon rather than the resulting minion. Additionally, minions cannot deal critical hits. The only significant advantage a Mythical Imp Staff has over a Ruthless one is knockback.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While the Imp can fly through water, its fireball projectiles cannot travel through water. They stop at the water's surface, and will not appear at all when the imp is submerged water. The imp will still attempt to fire at underwater enemies.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Compared to the Hornet Staff, the Imp's overall fire rate is low and inconsistent. However, its attacks are more damaging, can pierce, its inflicted debuff is stronger, and its projectiles travel at much higher velocity. The Imp cannot attack underwater enemies though, while the Hornet can.
- When an Imp is summoned using the Imp Staff, if there is an enemy in its line of sight, it will usually fire. This means that continuous summoning will generally give the Imp a more consistent fire rate.
- Due to the extreme rarity of the Slime Staff, it may be more practical to get the Imp Staff first. Mining Hellstone in the Underworld with a Reaver Shark will allow obtaining the Imp Staff before defeating any bosses, but it is very important to be aware of the hazards of the Underworld before doing so.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Now requires 10 mana when summoning. Fixed a bug where the Hornet Staff, Imp Staff, and Slime Staff minion buffs did not disappear upon leaving a world.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced. Doesn't require any mana when summoning.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.