Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
|Use time||16 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Ignites nearby enemies|
|Buff duration||4 minutes|
|Buff tooltip||Nearby enemies are ignited|
The Inferno Potion is a buff potion that grants the Inferno buff when consumed, which casts a ring of fire that inflicts low damage and the On Fire! Debuff on some enemies on contact, as well as giving off light. Critters and other passive NPCs are spared. This lasts for 4 minutes, but can be cancelled at any time by right-clicking the icon, by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu/gui, by reloading the world, or by cancelling the buff from the buffs screen. It can be crafted or found in Shadow Chests.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Crafting this potion requires a Hotline Fishing Hook, as its two fish ingredients can only be caught in lava.
- Enemies that are immune to On Fire! are also immune to damage from the Inferno.
- While the ring deals minimal damage to most Hardmode enemies, this potion is extremely useful when fighting Duke Fishron because his Detonating Bubbles will be destroyed before they can damage the player. It is also useful in the Wall Of Flesh for keeping the hungry at bay, or for fighting Plantera, to kill spores and keep the hooks away from you.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.