|Knockback||8 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||30 Average|
|Tooltip||Launches a ball of fire that explodes into a raging inferno|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
- Inferno Friendly Bolt
- Inferno Friendly Blast
The Inferno Fork is a Hardmode, post-Plantera magic weapon that fires a moderately slow moving fireball which will deal initial damage before exploding into a large, damaging cloud of fire which lasts for one second, and always inflicts the On Fire! debuff to entities that aren't immune. It has a 5% / 7.5% (1/20 / 1/13) chance to drop from Diabolists found in the post-Plantera Dungeon.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike most fire-based weapons, the Inferno Fork works under water, but the speed of projectiles is reduced.
- The initial fireball will not pass through solid blocks, but the resulting blast can hit enemies on the other side of walls.
- Despite looking like one, the Inferno Fork cannot be used as a melee weapon.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Inferno Fork pairs extremely well with the Spectre armor. The large area of the inferno will hit most enemies several times, with each hit providing healing from the armor set bonus. This is very effective against bosses such as The Destroyer or Golem, as it will hit multiple parts of the boss.
- The Inferno Fork can be used to easily battle huge amounts of enemies at once due to the cloud its fireballs create. This cloud can be exceptionally useful during invasion scenarios, or if the player is being overwhelmed by large groups of foes. If used with the correct timing, it can actually kill The Destroyer in a few uses.
- If paired with a good modifier, it can easily defeat any early Hardmode boss as it will deal great damage over time and has a large area of effect. Inferno Fork can outclass the Shadowbeam Staff, since the Staff requires some Arena preparation to maximize damage rate, while the Inferno Fork will be just as effective in either a prepared arena or a natural landscape. It also has more range than the Shadowbeam Staff.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Drop chance increased from 2.5% to 5%.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.