|Buff tooltip||Nearby enemies are ignited|
The Inferno Potion is a buff potion that grants the Inferno buff when consumed. It casts a ring of fire around the player that inflicts low damage and the On Fire! debuff on enemies on contact, as well as giving off light. Critters and other passive NPCs are unaffected. This lasts for 4 minutes, but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu ( ), by double-tapping the buff icon (), or by canceling the buff from the buffs screen (). It can be crafted or found in Shadow Chests.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Crafting this potion requires a Hotline Fishing Hook, as its two fish ingredients can only be caught in lava.
- Enemies that are immune to On Fire! are also immune to damage from the inferno.
- On the , the inferno keeps damaging enemies when going to the armor section in the player's inventory. However, the timer for it will still go down. version
Tips[edit | edit source]
- While the ring deals minimal damage to most Hardmode enemies, it is very useful against enemies that throw destructible projectiles, as these are easily destroyed by the ring. Examples include Duke Fishron with his Detonating Bubbles and Plantera with her spores.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.