|Use time||19 Very Fast|
The Influx Waver is a Hardmode, post-Golem Sword. It fires projectiles in a straight line towards the cursor as it is swung. After the projectile successfully makes contact with an enemy, it will disappear, but can return up to two more times to attack a nearby enemy, or the same enemy.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While it deals more damage than the Terra Blade, it is not a direct upgrade. The Terra Blade has a slightly faster speed and more knockback, and unlike the Influx Waver, does not rely on automatic targeting.
- The Influx Waver's projectiles travel at about 55 mph.
- The sword's beam teleports to three nearby enemies, prioritizing the original target.
- The beam's teleportation makes it a versatile weapon, suitable for both high-health targets and crowd control (though there are better alternatives for the latter).
- The beam's teleportation does not track teleporting enemies like the Necromancer, nor does it target critters.
- The beam appears to fluctuate in size and become much smaller as it gains distance.
- The beam has a maximum range of 5500 tiles.
- If you can use correct gear to stack the projectiles, you can kill bosses within 1 tick.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the source code, this item is also referred to as "Spellbound Edge". This suggests that it was intended to be a direct upgrade to the Enchanted Sword.
- This is supported by the fact that both items share a resemblance to the Master Sword from The Legend of Zelda.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()