|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
- Influx Waver
The Influx Waver is a Hardmode, post-Golem broadsword. It fires a sword projectile in a straight line towards the cursor as it is swung. After the projectile successfully makes contact with an enemy or another hostile projectile, it will disappear, but can return up to two more times to attack a nearby enemy, or the same enemy.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Influx Waver's projectile has the following properties:
- It travels at about 55 mph and has a maximum range of 5500 tiles. It appears to fluctuate in size and becomes much smaller as it gains distance.
- After hitting an enemy or another projectile, it teleports to three nearby enemies, prioritizing the original target. It does not track teleporting enemies like the Necromancer, nor does it target critters.
- As with all projectiles, it slows down significantly in honey. However, if it hits an enemy in the honey, the returning projectiles travel at normal speed.
- Some fast enemies and bosses are fast enough to move out of the way of the secondary slashes and thus drastically lowering their DPS. This is especially noticeable against the Empress of Light and the second phase of Moon Lord.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The sword projectile's teleportation makes the Influx Waver a versatile weapon, suitable for both high-health targets and crowd control.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While it deals more damage than the Terra Blade, it is not a direct upgrade. The Terra Blade has a slightly faster speed and more knockback, and pierces through targets, and unlike the Influx Waver, does not rely on automatic targeting. However, the Influx Waver is superior when fighting one target.
- In the source code, this item is also referred to as "Spellbound Edge". This suggests that it was intended to be a direct upgrade to the Enchanted Sword.
- This is supported by the fact that both items share a resemblance to the Master Sword from the action-adventure video game franchise The Legend of Zelda.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.