Informational accessories are accessories that display unique information when held in the non-vanity slots of an inventory. There are currently no useful informational accessories in the versions, except the Depth Meter, which is non-functional.
Most of the informational accessories are components of either the Cell Phone or The Grand Design. These completed items are still "informational items", but they can no longer be slotted as accessories. Informational items will still display the same information from the main inventory as their respective accessory components, the PDA and Mechanical Lens.
|Copper Watch||10 + ( @ & )||Displays time down to the hour.|
|Tin Watch||10 + ( @ & )||Displays time down to the hour.|
|Silver Watch||10 + ( @ & )||Displays time down to the half-hour.|
|Tungsten Watch||10 + ( @ & )||Displays time down to the half-hour.|
|Gold Watch||10 + ( @ & )||Displays time down to the minute.|
|Platinum Watch||10 + ( @ & )||Displays time down to the minute.|
|Depth Meter||Displays the player's vertical position.|
|Compass||Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version:||Displays the player's horizontal position.|
|Radar||Displays the number of nearby enemies.|
|Lifeform Analyzer||Traveling Merchant (
||Displays the name of rare creatures around the player.|
|Tally Counter||Displays the number of killed enemies.|
|Metal Detector||Nymph||Displays valuable objects in the player's vicinity.|
|Stopwatch||Traveling Merchant (
||Displays how fast the player is moving.|
|DPS Meter||Traveling Merchant (
||Displays the player's damage per second.|
|Fisherman's Pocket Guide||Reward from the Angler after completing quests||Displays the player's fishing power.|
|Weather Radio||Reward from the Angler after completing quests||Displays information about the weather.|
|Sextant||Reward from the Angler after completing quests||Displays the moon phase.|
|GPS|| + + ( @ )
+ + ( @ )
|Displays time and position of the player.|
|R.E.K. 3000||+ + ( @ )||Displays number of nearby enemies, kill count, and nearby rare creatures.|
|Goblin Tech||+ + ( @ )||Displays movement speed, damage per second, and nearby valuable objects.|
|Fish Finder||+ + ( @ )||Displays the weather, moon phase, and fishing power.|
|PDA||+ + + ( @ )||Displays time, position of the player, nearby enemies, kill count, nearby rare creatures, movement speed, damage per second, nearby valuable objects, weather, moon phase, and fishing power.|
|Mechanical Lens||Mechanic (
|Ruler||Goblin Tinkerer (
Displays a line or L-shaped overlay showing x and y distance from the player to the cursor.
Operates identically to the Mechanical Ruler.
|Mechanical Ruler||Mechanic (
||Displays a block grid.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This content is transcluded from Informational Accessories/note. Unlike most accessories, informational accessories do not need to be equipped in an accessory slot. They may be carried in the player's inventory without loss of functionality, unless equipped to a social slot. Additionally, the info they provide will be shared with nearby players of the same team in multiplayer. Keep in mind modifiers will no longer apply to the player when not equipped, however.
- The only accessories that are not components in other recipes are The Mechanical Ruler and low-/mid-tier watches (as a gold equivalent watch is required for the GPS, and in turn Cell Phone).
- All of these accessories can be obtained before Hardmode, but completing the Cell Phone tree will require a great deal of exploration (and Angler quests).
- The Ruler no longer functions as an informational accessory as of version 184.108.40.206.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Now work from the inventory.