|Use time||17 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Grants invisibility and lowers the spawn rate of enemies |
An Invisibility Potion is a buff potion that grants the Invisibility buff when consumed, which turns the player invisible. This lasts for 3 minutes, but can be canceled at any time by right-clicking the icon (), by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu ( ), by double-tapping the buff icon (), or by canceling the buff from the buffs screen ().
Using an Invisibility Potion conceals the player entirely, including their armor and vanity items, as well as the player's mount. While hidden, the player's Aggro statistic is reduced, meaning enemies will be less likely to target the player and they will not fire ranged attacks as long the player remains hidden. Attacking while under the stealth effect will cause the player to reappear temporarily, and the buff will be cancelled entirely if the player takes damage. Placing or breaking blocks will also cause the player to reappear. The player's head will still be visible on the minimap to non-hostile players in multiplayer. Using the potions also reduces enemy spawn rates by 20%.
Using the Invisibility Potion will cause the player's sprite to turn invisible, though accessories and armor will remain visible. A player in default clothing, either through unequipping all items or through use of the Familiar set, will become totally invisible. This has no effect on enemies, but an opposing player in PvP will not be able to see an invisible player with no visible items equipped. However, competing PvP players still see an invisible player's name tag.
Invisibility will never hide wings while flying, nor any lighting or particle effects from armor and other items. For example, the smoke effects from sprinting accessories, and beetles from Beetle armor, will still display. Minions, pets and light pets will also remain visible.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It can be useful for catching critters that run away from you, especially when farming Truffle Worms as they are normally very quick to burrow.
- It can be useful for raiding water chests in the ocean very early in the game.
- When building a large structure, fishing, or exploring caves, it can be useful for avoiding enemies.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Tooltip changed from "Grants invisibility" to "Grants invisibility and lowers the spawn rate of enemies".
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Now has an added benefit of reducing enemy spawn rates by 20%.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Sprite updated.
- Mechanics changed:
- Hides armor and vanity items.
- Provides aggro reduction for the user.
- Temporarily deactivates while attacking. Wears off entirely when the user takes damage.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.