|Use time||12 (Very fast)|
- Iron Shortsword
Like all shortswords, the Iron Shortsword has a very limited range and attacks with a stabbing motion at any direction on Desktop and Mobile, and horizontally in front of the player on Console, Old-gen console, and , instead of an arc. This makes it almost useless against flying or jumping enemies, although its high attack rate makes it somewhat effective against weaker fighter type enemies.
Unless the player has a good reason to make the Shortsword (like not having very much Iron or for completionist purposes) they are advised to make the Iron Broadsword as it does more damage and can swing in an arc.
At the creation of a Journey Mode character, the player will receive an Iron Shortsword to start off rather than the traditional Copper Shortsword.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before 1.3, the sprites of other ore shortswords are actually Iron Shortsword's sprite, recolored. This was changed in 1.3, where every shortsword now has its own texture. The same happened to other types of Pre-Hardmode ore tools, except Demonite, Crimtane and Hellstone ones.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Iron Bars needed to craft decreased from 7 to 6.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can now stab in any direction, not only horizontally.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Sprite updated.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.