The Item Frame is a furniture item that can be placed on a 2×2 area of background wall, placed on or hung from blocks, or placed on top of platforms. Once an Item Frame is placed, pressing the ⚷ Open / Activate key on it while holding any item places and displays that item in the frame. Hitting the frame with a pickaxe or drill, or pressing ⚷ Open / Activate again will retrieve the item.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Item Frame can also be used to place a weapon, similar to the Weapon Rack.
- Unlike the Weapon Rack, Item Frames can be painted. Only the frame itself can be painted, however, not the item inside.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The frame itself can be concealed with Shadow Paint, when placed against Shadow Painted background walls. An item placed on it will appear to hang freely on the wall.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Fixed a duplication bug.
- Fixed a bug where you couldn't remove an item from the Item Frame if a favorite item was selected.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.732.3: Fixed an issue where placed training dummies and item frames would prevent a saved world from loading.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.