The item "Ivy" is not dropped by any entity.
The Ivy is a novelty instrument. It will always drop from the Steampunker, but only when her name is "Whitney". When used, the player strums a chord depending on how far the cursor is from the player.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This content is transcluded from NPCs/dropnote.Since town NPCs cannot be damaged by players normally, external damage sources must be used to obtain this item. Effective options include traps, lava, Boulders or Rolling Cacti, enemies, Explosive Bunny, or the Halloween-exclusive Rotten Eggs.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In order from closest to player, to furthest away, the chords played are as follows: A Minor - G Major - E Major - D Major - C Major - F Major.
- The name Whitney is a reference to Whitney "Cenx" Spinks, the lead developer of Terraria and wife of Redigit.
- This is one of only two items which are dropped by NPCs with special names, the other being the Green Cap dropped by a Guide named Andrew.
- The tooltip may reference the Dead Man's Chest, which often contains a sweater of the same name.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52.0: Introduced.