Jester's Arrows are a type of arrow. They are considered an improvement over the Unholy Arrow, as they have no limit on the number of enemies they can pierce. This makes them efficient against enemies with multiple sections such as the Eater of Worlds. Due to their piercing effect, they can sometimes be better than stronger arrows, such as the Hellfire Arrow. They also emit light when fired, meaning they can be used to temporarily light up caves. However, Jester's Arrows will explode in a firework effect after hitting something or reaching their maximum range. This means that, unlike other arrows, they can not be recovered after hitting an enemy or a wall.
In addition to being crafted, Jester's Arrows can also be found in Gold Chests in the Underground and Cavern layers.
| Desktop Version
|| Console and Mobile Versions
- Unlike other arrows, the Jester's Arrows are not affected by gravity and thus do not experience arrow drop.
- The Jester's Arrow has a limited duration after being fired, and explodes in a shower of non-damaging sparks when time is up. Since it is based on time and not distance, the range can be extended with an Archery Potion.
- Before the 1.2 update, Jester's Arrows were non-craftable, which made them the most difficult arrow to maintain a stockpile of in the game.
- They are wonderful for finding ores, as their sparkly explosion goes through walls. If one has a lot of stars to spend, it will be a good choice to make some of these, especially in hardmode, when some valuable ores (eg. chlorophyte, adamantite) are really hard to see.
- 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Now requires 20 Wooden Arrows to craft.
- Damage increased from 9 to 10.
- Can now be crafted from 10 Wooden Arrows and 1 Fallen Star.
- Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- They also are now much faster and have more range.
- Pre-Release: Introduced.