|Use time||24 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Build momentum to increase attack power|
'Have at thee!'
- Jousting Lance
The Jousting Lance is a Hardmode melee weapon purchased from the Zoologist for 6. When attacking using ⚒ Use / Attack, the lance will extend, and holding ⚒ Use / Attack will keep it extended at a fixed angle. The damage will increase depending on the player's velocity, making a mount, sprinting accessories, or dash abilities (such as those granted by Shield of Cthulhu, Tabi/Master Ninja Gear, or Solar Flare armor) useful for maximizing damage.
When the player takes damage, the Jousting Lance will stop being active.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because the weapon is retracted as soon as damage is taken, it's not very effective at fighting monsters that can survive more than a single hit unless you can land your insane knockback precisely. However, it is adept at clearing weak crowds.
- This makes jousting matches between players feasible, as the losing player won't be able to deal damage to the winning one.
- This can be mitigated somewhat with any item from the Feral Claws line as you will automatically ready your lance again after taking damage. Additionally, the knockback bonus from those accessories will make you less likely to take damage in the first place.
- With enough speed (for example, from a dash) it can double the amount of damage dealt by the lance.
- There are two upgraded versions, the Hallowed Jousting Lance and the Shadow Jousting Lance.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The tooltip 'Have at thee!' is a reference to a line in the William Shakespeare play 'The History of King Henry the Sixth'.
- Holding the lance in the opposite of the direction of travel will cause mounts to moonwalk at full speed. i.e a unicorn mount can gallop backwards.
- While riding a mount, the jousting lance will hover in the air and your hand will not extend forwards.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Jousting Lances can no longer receive melee speed prefixes. They already could not benefit from Melee speed, but this fixes some bugs caused by Melee speed modifiers that impacted them.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11.0: Introduced.