The Jungle is a surface biome composed primarily of Grass, Vines, Mud, and Jungle Trees, with a dark green background. Jungle Trees grow automatically on Jungle Grass found there, though traditional Acorns can also be planted. The Underground Jungle is found just below the Jungle, beginning at cavern depths.
The Jungle is one of the more challenging surface biomes, especially for those just entering Hardmode. Jungle enemies have much more health and deal more damage than those typically found in other surface areas.
Players can seed new Jungle areas by planting Jungle Grass Seeds in Mud blocks. Jungle Grass spreads much more slowly than ordinary grass. A Jungle biome will activate once a minimum of 80 Mud blocks are covered with Jungle Grass, or with 80 Lihzahrd bricks.
The Jungle becomes substantially harder during Hardmode. Additionally, there is a danger that the Jungle can be completely overtaken by the spread of Corruption/Crimson once Hardmode has been in effect for some time, making essential Jungle items more difficult to acquire, but defeating Plantera will slow down the spread of Corruption/Crimson and Hallow to 33% of their original speed in Hardmode.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Unique Drops||For Sale|
During the day:
During the night:
| From vegetation:
| From Dr. Bones:
From Angry Trappers
From Angler Fish
From Giant Tortoises
| From Painter:
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Jungle will always be on the side of the map opposite the Dungeon and the Snow Biome. It is possible for it to spawn within view of the player's starting position, giving some indication of the layout of the rest of the world.
- It is recommended newer players have at least silver/tungsten armor when visiting the Jungle. (Shadow/Crimson for Underground Jungle)
- Try to avoid knocking Beehives off of the ceiling, as they spawn additional bees and sometimes a hornet to deal with.
- In Hardmode, all enemies in the Jungle have a chance of dropping a Jungle Key (In the mobile and console versions they drop the Jungle Key Mold).
- In order to spawn Plantera, the player must have defeated The Twins, The Destroyer and Skeletron Prime.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Beehives spawn over time under Jungle Grass ceilings of the Jungle and Underground Jungle.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Large Living Mahogany Trees now spawn in the Underground Jungle. Ivy Chests are found here that can contain a Living Mahogany Wand and Rich Mahogany Leaf Wand.
- Added Jungle Crate.
- Enemies killed in the Jungle now drop Jungle Keys instead of Jungle Key Molds.
- Enemies killed in the Jungle can now drop the Yelets yoyo.
- Desktop 1.2.4:
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Pre-Hardmode Jungle enemies now have a small chance of spawning in the Hardmode Jungle.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Now contains Bee Hive mini biomes.
- Added Arapaima, Giant Tortoise (Turtle Shell, Turtle armor), Angry Trapper (Uzi), Derpling, Giant Flying Fox, Rich Mahogany, Sky Blue Flower.
- Enemies killed in the Jungle can now drop Jungle Keys used to open the Jungle Chest.
- Painter NPC will sell Do Not Step on the Grass while in the Jungle biome.
- Witch Doctor NPC will sell Tiki Totem and Leaf Wings while in the Hardmode Jungle biome; additional requirements needed to purchase Hercules Beetle.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Desktop 1.0.4:
| Biomes and Structures|
|Surface Layers||Forest • Desert • Ocean • Snow • Jungle • Mushroom • Evil Biome (The Corruption • The Crimson) • The Hallow • Space|
|Underground Layers||Underground • Cavern • Dungeon • Underground Snow • Underground Desert • Underground Jungle • Underground Mushroom • Underground Corruption • Underground Crimson • Underground Hallow • The Underworld|
|Mini-Biomes||Bee Hive • Granite Cave • Lihzahrd Temple • Marble Cave • Meteorite • Spider Nest|
|Structures and Other Biomes||Chasm • Enchanted Sword Shrine • Floating Island • Heart Shrine • Jungle Shrine/Jungle Sanctum • Living Tree (Living Mahogany Tree ) • Pyramid • Ruined House • Underground Cabin|