The Jungle is a surface biome composed primarily of grass, vines, Mud, Jungle Trees, and pools of water, with a dark green background. Jungle trees grow automatically on Jungle grass found there, though traditional Acorns can also be planted. The Underground Jungle is found just below the Jungle, beginning at cavern depths.
The Jungle is one of the more challenging surface biomes, especially for those just entering Hardmode. Jungle enemies have much more health and deal more damage than those typically found in other surface areas.
Players can seed new Jungle areas by planting Jungle Grass Seeds in Mud Blocks. Jungle grass spreads much more slowly than ordinary grass. A Jungle biome will activate once a minimum of 140 Mud Blocks are covered with Jungle grass, or with 140 Lihzahrd Bricks.
The Jungle becomes substantially harder during Hardmode. Additionally, there is a danger that the Jungle can be completely overtaken by the spread of Corruption/Crimson once Hardmode has been in effect for some time, making essential Jungle items more difficult to acquire, but defeating Plantera will slow down the spread of Corruption/Crimson and Hallow to 50% of their original speed in Hardmode.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Jungle will always be on the side of the map opposite the Dungeon and the Snow biome. It is possible for it to spawn within view of the player's starting position, giving some indication of the layout of the rest of the world.
- It is recommended newer players have at least Silver/Tungsten armor when visiting the Jungle.
- Try to avoid knocking Beehives off of the ceiling, as they spawn additional Bees and sometimes a Hornet to deal with.
- In Hardmode, all enemies in the Jungle have a chance of dropping a Jungle Key. (In the Old-gen console version and they drop the versionJungle Key Mold.)
- It is a good idea to section off the Jungle before activating Hardmode, or the Jungle might quickly be overtaken by the evil biome (Corruption/Crimson) and eventually be eliminated. The evil biome converts Mud Blocks within a three-tile radius of any corrupted block to dirt, and grows Corrupt/Crimson grass on it. This means that simply digging a three-block wide tunnel around all sides of the Jungle will prevent the evil biome from spreading to it. Since background walls cannot spread the evil biome (though they may get converted themselves), it is unnecessary to remove any walls that cross that three-block gap. To learn more, see biome spread.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Added a new music track for the Jungle Night. Previously, night had the same theme as Jungle's daytime theme.
- Changed amount of blocks required to make an artificial jungle from 80 to 140.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Beehives spawn over time under Jungle Grass ceilings of the Jungle and Underground Jungle.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Large Living Mahogany Trees now spawn in the Underground Jungle. Ivy Chests are found here that can contain a Living Mahogany Wand and Rich Mahogany Leaf Wand.
- Added Jungle Crate.
- Enemies killed in the Jungle now drop Jungle Keys instead of Jungle Key Molds.
- Enemies killed in the Jungle can now drop the Yelets yoyo.
- Desktop 1.2.4:
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Pre-Hardmode Jungle enemies now have a small chance of spawning in the Hardmode Jungle.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Now contains Bee Hive mini biomes.
- Added Arapaima, Giant Tortoise (Turtle Shell, Turtle armor), Angry Trapper (Uzi), Derpling, Giant Flying Fox, Rich Mahogany, Sky Blue Flower.
- Enemies killed in the Jungle can now drop Jungle Keys used to open the Jungle Chest.
- Painter NPC will sell Do Not Step on the Grass while in the Jungle biome.
- Witch Doctor NPC will sell Tiki Totem and Leaf Wings while in the Hardmode Jungle biome; additional requirements needed to purchase Hercules Beetle.
- Desktop 1.0.5: