Jungle CreeperHardmode exclusive
|AI Type||Fighter AI (ground)|
Spider AI (on wall)
|Damage||100/200/300 / 50 |
36 (web spit) 36 (web spit)
|Max Life||400/800/1200 / 120|
|Defense||40 / 14|
|Banner||Jungle Creeper Banner|
|Debuff tooltip||Losing life|
|Debuff tooltip||You are stuck|
|Chance||100% (web spit) |
The Jungle Creeper is a Hardmode enemy found in the Underground Jungle. It resembles a large spider colored brown with a bit of green, which may make it hard to spot. They climb on background walls similar to Wall Creepers.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like all spiders, Jungle Creepers cannot travel through a vertical 2-tile wide shaft.
- Jungle Creepers seem to be weaker than most enemies at the time making them more of a hassle than a real danger.
- The cooldown between web spit attacks lasts 3 seconds. It is paused if the Jungle Creeper loses focus on the player or has no direct line of fire, and it is increased by between 0.33 and 1 second when the Jungle Creeper takes damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Bestiary entry for the Jungle Creeper: "The itsy bitsy spider climbed up a jungle vine, down came a hapless explorer and the spider got to dine. The End."
- This is a reference to the nursery rhyme "Itsy Bitsy Spider".
- The Jungle Creeper is the strongest spider enemy in the game, being stronger than the Black Recluse, the Blood Crawler, and the Wall Creeper.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Sprites updated.
- Significantly increased stats: damage from 50 to 100, defense from 14 to 40, maximum health from 120 to 400, moves faster, inflicts the Acid Venom debuff, and spits web in Expert/Master.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]