Jungle Grass Seeds
Jungle Grass Seeds are a type of Seeds that can be planted in Mud Blocks to grow Jungle Grass, potentially creating an artificial Jungle or Underground Jungle (depending on depth) if enough Jungle grass and plants are created. Jungle Grass Seeds can be found by cutting down plants growing on Jungle grass in Jungles using any tool or weapon.
They can be used to craft Green Thread.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
Jungle Grass Seeds have a
1*1/100 (1%) chance to drop from destroying any plant growing on Jungle grass. Charging through the entire surface jungle cutting down every single plant may only yield a few seeds. It is worth remembering though that Jungle Grass will spread to adjacent open Mud Blocks just as with any other Grass, if slowly. A single planted Jungle Grass Seed can eventually spread through an area of Mud of any size.
- If you've found the Flower Boots in a Jungle Shrine chest, you can produce plants as quickly as you can cut them down. Running around on existing Jungle grass while cutting the flowers produces Jungle Grass Seeds very quickly despite the low drop rate.
- It is possible to "convert" Mushroom Grass Seeds into Jungle Grass Seeds if the planted mushroom grass is sprayed with Green Solution. This will turn the mushroom grass into Jungle grass. This can be convenient if you've got a surplus of Mushroom Grass Seeds, which can be purchased, and instead want Jungle grass and/or Jungle Grass Seeds.
Creating Artificial Underground Jungles for Farming[edit | edit source]
It is possible to find the rare items such as Nature's Gifts in a player-made Underground Jungle.
The most efficient setup for creating an Underground Jungle "farm" for harvesting Jungle Spores, Jungle Seeds, and Nature's Gifts, is to place a floor of jungle grass, and a ceiling 3 blocks in height. On the next layer up, do the same, but this time also add a middle layer so you have 3 lines with 1 space between each, and repeat. You can then harvest it easily by using a Muramasa, Blade of Grass, hammer or similar long reaching weapon or tool to harvest all 3 layers (the one you stand on and the two above it). Note that some items will get stuck above, but will be collected as you rise up the farm layers.
This method is sometimes questioned due to the vines that can hang down and prevent some items spawning. However, in Underground Jungle biomes, grass and roses seem to grow faster than vines, so this should result in better yields in a smaller space than a simple 3 block high tunnel farm. An additional row of Wood Platforms right under the ceiling will prevent vines from growing altogether, while also letting the players enter without increasing the height of the farm.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Jungle Grass will not create an Underground Jungle environment when planted just below ground level (zero depth). Natural Underground Jungles begin below -60 feet in a small world, -90 feet in a medium world, and -120 feet in a large world.
- An artificial jungle will become inhabited with the respective enemies. Snatchers and Jungle Slimes will be found closer to the surface, while Hornets and Man Eaters will inhabit Underground Jungle depths, with Piranhas and Jungle Bats being found throughout.
- Jungle Grass grows at a rate comparable to Mushroom Grass, which is much slower than ordinary Grass.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Can now be auto-reused.
- Desktop 1.0.3: A bug was fixed that prevented Jungle Grass Seeds from ever being dropped.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.