Jungle armor is a set of armor consisting of a Jungle Shirt, a Jungle Hat and Jungle Pants.
The Jungle armor grants the wearer 17 defense and is crafted from items dropped by foes in the Underground Jungle biome: Jungle Spores, Stingers, and Vines. It is currently an early-game "Mage" armor, giving players the option to use magic instead of traditional combat.
When the whole set is worn it reduces mana usage by 16% and creates a grass particle effect when moving. Each individual piece increases maximum mana by 20-40 and magic critical strike chance by 4%, for a total of 80 / 60 higher maximum mana and 12% / 9% magic critical strike chance when the whole set is equipped.
The total material cost of making the full set is:
- Stingers (10 / 12 )
- Vines (2)
- Jungle Spores (32)
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Despite the Jungle armor being Magic class gear, the same materials needed for the armor can only craft Melee weapons.
- You can get the full set bonus even if you use some part of Ancient Cobalt armor, a rare drop of Hornets and Man Eaters.
- Despite being able to acquire this armor fairly early in the game, this set is very good for mages in all stages of pre-hardmode, even rivaling some early hardmode gear.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Stinger requirement reduced from 12 to 10.
- Total defense increased from 15 to 17.
- Max mana bonus increased from 60 to 80.
- Critical strike chance increased from 9% to 12%.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Fixed bug where you didn't get the set bonus by mixing Ancient Cobalt & Jungle armor pieces.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Crafting no longer requires gems. Old recipe called for 1 of each gem for the set.
- Hat and Pants defense increased from 4 to 5.
- Female sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1:
- Female sprite added.
- Crafting no longer requires Silver armor.
- Jungle Spores requirement reduced from 15/20/20 to 8/8/16.
- Stinger requirement reduced from 20 to 12.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Maximum mana increased by 60 (20 for each piece).
- Magic critical strike chance increased by 9% (3% for each piece).
- Set bonus: 16% reduced mana usage; formerly 25% reduction.
- Defense of all pieces reduced by 2, from 6/7/6 to 4/5/4.
- Crafting recipe changed:
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- No longer grants an unlisted 10% melee Attack speed bonus.
- Crafting recipe added.
- No longer drops from Hornets and Man Eaters.
- Desktop 1.0.3: Introduced. Replaced Cobalt armor (which was later reintroduced as Ancient Cobalt armor).
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.