|Use time||22 (Fast)|
- Internal Item ID: 2273
The Katana is a melee weapon that is purchased from the Traveling Merchant for
100000*10 / 40000*4 / 250*250 . Considering it can be acquired very early into the game, the Katana can be quite useful as it has very good stats for an early game sword. The Katana has a base 19% critical strike chance, as opposed to the usual 4%, and has autoswing, which makes it extremely useful.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although the Muramasa has more damage and speed, the Katana has more knockback which makes it very good for keeping enemies away.
- Due to the large size of the Katana, and the fact that it autoswings, it is great for clearing out hordes of flying enemies by knocking them back before they strike.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Katanas are a type of Japanese sword, renowned for their superb craftsmanship, which was developed as a result of the poor quality of the iron that medieval Japanese swordsmiths had access to and therefore still achieving "good" sharpness.
- The word "katana" is usually written as kanji "刀", but Spike Chunsoft uses its katakana name "カタナ" for this item in the Japanese release. This is likely due to that in Japanese, "刀" simply means sword or bladed edges, such as daggers or even chisels, not just the historically well-known Japanese swords.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Price increased from
40000*4 to 100000*10.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Price increased from
250*250 to 40000*4.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.