|Desktop/Console/Old-gen console/Mobile-Only Content: This information applies only to the Desktop, Console, Old-gen console, and Mobile versions of Terraria.|
|Use time||21 (Fast)|
|Buy / Sell||4 / 80|
|Internal Item ID: 2273|
The Katana is a melee weapon that is purchased from the Traveling Merchant for 4 . Considering it can be acquired very early into the game, the Katana can be quite useful as it has very good stats for an early game sword. The Katana has a base 19% critical strike chance, as opposed to the usual 4%, and has autoswing, which makes it extremely useful for bosses such as the Eater of Worlds.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although the Muramasa has more damage and speed, the Katana has more knockback which makes it very good for keeping enemies away.
- Due to the large size of the Katana, and the fact that it autoswings, it is great for clearing out hordes of flying enemies by knocking them back before they strike.
- On the PC version, the Katana is shown with a rarity of blue while in the Travelling Merchant's shop, but as soon as it's bought, it shows a rarity of orange. Upon rejoining it will show a rarity of blue once again.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Katana are a type of Japanese sword, renowned for their superb craftsmanship, which was developed as a result of the poor quality of the iron that medieval Japanese swordsmiths had access to and therefore still achieving "good" sharpness.
- The word "katana" is usually written as kanji "刀", but Spike Chunsoft uses katakana name(カタナ) for this item in Japanese release.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Price increased from 2 50 to 4 .
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.