Key of Night
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||'Charged with the essence of many souls'|
- Internal Item ID: 3091
The Key of Night is a craftable item that spawns a Corrupt Mimic or a Crimson Mimic when placed in any slot of any empty Chest, depending on whether the world generated with The Corruption or The Crimson, respectively. The world must be in Hardmode and the only item inside the Chest must be a single Key of Night.
The Corrupt/Crimson Mimic is spawned as soon as the Chest is closed, consuming both the Key of Night and the Chest.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If utilizing Autopause, the Corrupt/Crimson Mimic will not spawn until the game is unfrozen again. On Console, the Hallowed Mimic will not spawn unless Autopause is disabled.
- Placing a Key of Night in a storage item other than a chest (such as a Barrel) will not spawn the Mimic.
- The Biome Mimic does not have to be spawned in The Corruption or The Crimson; it can be summoned anywhere.
- The drunk world seed has the potential to spawn either Mimic, depending on which world evil is active.
- Placing a Key of Night in a Chest without closing it and directly opening another inventory interface (which is only possible if Autopause is disabled), such as that of another Chest, will not spawn the Mimic.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Placing a key inside a chest while Autopause is on will still spawn a Corrupt Mimic or a Crimson Mimic.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.