Key of Night
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||'Charged with the essence of many souls'|
- Internal Item ID: 3091
- Not to be confused with Shadow Key.
The Key of Night is a craftable item that spawns a Corrupt Mimic or a Crimson Mimic when placed inside of an empty chest, depending on whether the world generated with The Corruption or The Crimson, respectively. The world must be in Hardmode and the only item inside the chest must be a single Key of Night.
Spawning the Corrupt/Crimson Mimic consumes both the Key of Night and the chest.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If utilizing Autopause, the Corrupt/Crimson Mimic will not spawn until the game is unfrozen again.
- Placing a Key of Night in a storage item other than a chest (such as a Barrel) will not spawn the Mimic.
- The Biome Mimic does not have to be spawned in The Corruption or The Crimson. It can be summoned anywhere, such as at your base, where you may have better terrain preparation for the fight.
- The Drunk World seed has the potential to spawn either mimic, depending on which evil is active.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Placing a Key inside a chest while Autopause is on will still spawn a Corrupt Mimic or a Crimson Mimic.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.