Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|Damage||85 / 70 / 55 (Melee)|
|Critical chance||17% / 4%|
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Deals more damage to injured foes|
- Internal Item ID: 671
The Keybrand is a Hardmode, post-Plantera sword. It has a 1/200 (0.5%) / 1/133 (0.75%) chance of being dropped by Blue Armored Bones, Hell Armored Bones, and Rusty Armored Bones in the post-Plantera Dungeon.
The Keybrand gains more damage against a previously-injured enemy, up to 150% extra damage (250% damage in total). The following formula is used:
- If the hit enemy has more than 10% HP:
(That means, for every 1% health lost of enemy, the damage will increase by .)
- If the hit enemy has less than 10% HP:
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Keybrand has a base critical strike chance of 17% on the Desktop version, Console version, and Mobile version, as opposed to the 4% of the Old-gen console version and . version
- Keybrand's ability to do more damage against previously injured targets makes it an exceptionally good choice against slow-moving, high-health targets such as Nailhead or the Ogre.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Keybrand is based on the Keyblade, a weapon used in the action role-playing game series Kingdom Hearts. It bears an especially strong resemblance to the Keyblade named the Kingdom Key, which Sora wields.
- Despite being a key, it does not unlock anything.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Damage increased from 70 to 85.
- Now deals up to 150% more damage based on how injured an enemy is.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Can now autoswing.
- Damage increased from 55 to 70.
- Knockback increased from 6 to 6.5.
- Critical strike chance increased from 4% to 17%.
- Use time decreased from 22 to 20.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]