|Damage||70 / 55 Melee|
|Critical chance||17% / 4%|
|Use time||19 Very Fast|
- Internal Item ID: 671
The Keybrand is a Hardmode, post-Plantera sword. It has a 0.5% / 0.75% (1/200 / 1/133) chance of being dropped by Blue Armored Bones, Hell Armored Bones, and Rusty Armored Bones in the post-Plantera Dungeon. While it has the highest damage of all non-projectile swords, it has no special abilities and is otherwise a rather unremarkable weapon.
Its best Modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Keybrand has a base critical strike chance of 17% on the Desktop version and Console version, as opposed to the 4% of the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and . version
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This weapon is based on the Keyblade, a weapon used in the Kingdom Hearts series. It bears an especially strong resemblance to the Keyblade named the Kingdom Key, which Sora wields.
- Ironically, this item is named the "Lockblade" in Terraria's source code.
- Despite being a Key, it does not unlock anything.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Damage increased from 55 to 70.
- Knockback increased from 6 to 6.5.
- Critical strike chance increased from 4% to 17%.
- Use time decreased from 21 to 19.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.