|Damage||95 / 90 (Melee)|
|Critical chance||14% / 4%|
|Use time||25 (Fast)|
The Kraken is a Hardmode yoyo that has a
0.25*1/400 (0.25%) chance to drop from any enemy in the post-Plantera Dungeon. It has a throwing length of 21 blocks. It is the third highest tier yoyo there currently is in the game. It is one of the few yoyos that is able to be thrown and stay in the air forever. When it is thrown out, there is a visible motion blur that only some yoyos have.
Its best modifier is Godly or Demonic. Both modifiers increase the average damage output by the same amount.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like the Amarok, Hel-Fire, and Yelets, the Kraken will not drop from enemies spawned by a statue.
- On the Console version, the Kraken does not count towards the "Robbing the Grave" achievement.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Kraken has the same color scheme as Duke Fishron.
- As of November 2016, the Kraken is the second yoyo to see a real life counterpart release by One Drop YoYos , following the Terrarian in July 2015.
- The Kraken has the largest projectile of any yoyo in the game, at 19×19 pixels.
- Its namesake, the Kraken, is a legendary cephalopod-like giant sea monster in Scandinavian folklore.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Item sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Damage increased from 90 to 95.
- Increased critical chance from 4% to 14%.
- Now counts towards the "Robbing the Grave" achievement.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.