|Placeable||1 wide × 1 high|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Explodes when stepped on|
- Not to be confused with the mines placed by the Proximity Mine Launcher, which uses rockets purchased from the Cyborg as ammo.
Land Mines are unique Hardmode, post-Plantera placeable items. They remain dormant once placed, until a character touches them or they are activated by Wire, at which point they explode, dealing 250 damage. They are purchased from the Demolitionist for
50000*5 each, after Plantera and at least one Pirate Invasion have been defeated. In the Old-gen console version, Land Mines can be purchased before Plantera is defeated, but only at night; once Plantera is defeated, they will be available at all times.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Land Mine explosions do not damage placed blocks or walls.
- NPCs can trigger Land Mines.
- Land Mines can be painted.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Land Mines can be useful in PvP situations where it is necessary to ward players away from a certain patch of land.
- Land Mines can be used as a way to kill (and collect drops from) friendly NPCs.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In singleplayer, if a Softcore character is killed by a Land Mine, they will not drop money on death. This is because it counts it as a PvP death (also true for explosives and Explosive Bullets).
- The Land Mine's texture is a reference to the Land Mine weapon in the artillery tactical video games series Worms.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.