|Type||Furniture – Mechanism|
|Dimensions||1 wide × 1 high|
|Use time||14 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Explodes when stepped on|
|Buy / Sell||5 / 1|
- Not to be confused with the mines placed by the Proximity Mine Launcher, which uses Rockets purchased from the Cyborg as ammo.
Land Mines are unique Hardmode, post-Plantera placed items. They remain dormant once placed, until a character touches them or they are activated by Wire, at which point they explode, dealing 250 damage. They are purchased from the Demolitionist for 5 each, after Plantera and at least one Pirate Invasion have been defeated. In the Old-gen console version, Land Mines can be purchased before Plantera is defeated, but only at night; once Plantera is defeated, they will be available at all times.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Land Mines can be useful in PvP situations where it is necessary to ward players away from a certain patch of land.
- Since the Mobile version's housing menu can’t move NPCs, Land Mines are useful for moving NPCs to different houses and/or to different biomes.
- Land Mines can be used as a way to kill (and collect drops from) friendly NPCs.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In singleplayer, if a Softcore character is killed by a Land Mine, they will not drop money on death. This is because it counts it as a PvP death (also true for Hellfire Arrows and Explosive Bullets).
- The Land Mine's texture is a reference to "Worms", a series of video games created by Team17.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.