Larvae are very fragile. Similar to Pots and Grass, a Larva is destroyed with a single hit — not only from weapons or damaging tools, but also from Hooks, even if latched from below the blocks it is placed on. They can also sometimes get broken by walking through them. Plus any minion that deals contact damage can break it. Players should be careful around them if they are not yet ready to fight the Queen Bee.
Larvae are created during world generation, and each world has a limited number of them, except for the seed For the worthy and Not the bees!, where they generate anywhere overtime. Once all Larvae in a world have been destroyed, Queen Bee can still be summoned via the Abeemination, a crafted item, although that too is not renewable, making the Queen Bee a finite boss per world.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Clentaminator's beam will not destroy a Larva.
- If spawned on the surface, something which is possible with the Not the Bees seed, they can be destroyed by falling stars.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated to match Desktop 1.3.1. ()
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.