|Use time||25 Fast|
- Laser Drill
The Laser Drill is a Hardmode, post-Golem drill that is dropped by the Martian Saucer during the Martian Madness event. It produces a beam that extends up to ten tiles in length. It also boasts the highest pickaxe power of any Pickaxe or Drill in the entire game at 230%.
Its best Modifier is Godly, as drills cannot receive any modifiers that affect speed.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- One may find that the Luminite Pickaxes are better at general mining than the Laser Drill; the 5% boost the Laser Drill has isn't required for mining any block and the Luminite Pickaxes are much faster. One could consider taking both but this may prove impractical.
- The Laser Drill does not benefit from the speed increase of Mining Potion, therefore using a pickaxe like the Picksaw is much more effective for mining resources.
- Despite its lack of mining speed compared to the Luminite Pickaxes, the Laser Drill may still be more useful when building structures because of its longer reach.
- When having an effect that increases mining range, like equipping the Extendo Grip, the drill will extend longer, which will also increase its melee range.
- Because of its ridiculous reach, it can be used to break Plantera's Bulb without needing to make tunnels all over the Jungle.
- The tip of the drill produces a small amount of light. This can be used for finding objects and caves behind walls and when mining ores, though by the time you get the Laser Drill, you probably won’t need ores.
- The particle effects generated by the Magma Stone and Fire Gauntlet fly outward from the tip of the drill. This can be useful for finding objects and caves behind walls.
- The Laser Drill is the only Drill to have no Pickaxe counterpart.
- The drill works rather poorly with the smart cursor as other objects are prioritized over blocks, and the long tile reach means the cursor tends to jump around and mine irrelevant things (especially on the surface).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Its laser resembles that of the Drill Containment Unit.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Pickaxes/Drills don't prioritize over trees anymore.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.