Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|Knockback||2 (Very weak)|
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
- Laser Machinegun
The Laser Machinegun is a Hardmode, post-Golem magic weapon that has an 1/6 (16.67%) / 1/9 (11.11%) chance to be dropped by the Martian Saucer from the Martian Madness event. Before reaching full firing speed, the Laser Machinegun will spin up for roughly two seconds. Like the Razorpine, the projectiles do not pierce through enemies.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Try to spin up the Laser Machinegun while no enemies are within a few blocks of you, as to avoid being damaged while waiting for the weapon to fully spin up.
- This is a very good weapon against larger enemies such as the Celestial Pillars or The Destroyer, as they have a lot of surface to cover and will in turn make them much easier targets to hit.
- Because of the damage and speed of this weapon, paired with Spectre armor, it can be extremely useful for healing with the Spectre Hood or higher damage output with the Spectre Mask.
- This weapon's projectiles seem to continue traveling very far whilst off-screen. Thus, it can be used to slowly but safely destroy the Celestial Towers whose barriers have been dropped.
- You can fire the Laser Machinegun through a one-block wall if you are standing right next to it.
- Due to the high mana cost, one strategy is to combine it with Magic Cuffs and a Dungeon Spike as well as a large amount of defense. You will take 1 damage from the Spike, which will give back about 40 mana from the Magic Cuffs, allowing you to have essentially unlimited mana for use with this weapon. The Mana Cloak can also be used for this, though effectiveness can vary more wildly depending on the surrounding terrain.
- Since the Laser Machinegun eats up a lot of mana in a few seconds, the Mana Flower can be a useful accessory to use, as it decreases your mana usage and uses Mana Potions automatically so you do not have to manually use them.
- If you collect 3 Mana Boosters from the Nebula armor's set bonus, the mana will regen so fast that the Laser Machinegun will not use any mana. This can be useful during events like Pumpkin Moon or Frost Moon.
- Using this against Duke Fishron is very effective. Due to his size, all the projectiles of the machine gun can reliably hit. Its rapid fire also pops most of the bubble attacks which Duke Fishron uses.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Laser Machinegun could be considered an upgrade to the Laser Rifle or the Heat Ray, which would make it the final weapon in the Space Gun series. However, in combat it is more similar to the likes of the Razorpine and Sky Fracture since its projectiles do not pierce.
- Though it is named after a machine gun, the Laser Machinegun's spinning barrel makes it more similar to a Gatling gun.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.