|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||10 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||'Fire a lifeform disintegration rainbow'|
- Last Prism Laser
- Last Prism
The Last Prism is a Hardmode magic weapon that has a 1/9 chance (11.1%) of being dropped by the Moon Lord. It fires several beams of light that converge into one as it charges. It deals a massive amount of damage, but consumes mana very rapidly.
The Last Prism projects 6 beams that deal individual damage as they begin to rotate out of the prism's tip, then spin faster as they converge into one thick beam. This process takes approximately 3 seconds, each beam continuing to deal the weapon's full listed damage. The fully-converged beam deals 3 times the listed damage, for an output of 300 damage per hit. Unlike most piercing attacks, the weapon hits 12 times per second (every 5 game ticks). The mana cost will increase sharply as the beam converges.
Due to the weapon's high mana cost (12 mana 6 times per second when fully charged = 72 mana per second), players will struggle to maintain the beam for more than 5-6 seconds. A Mana Flower, Magic Cuffs, Nebula armor, and a large supply of Super Mana Potions will be required for continuous use.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Last Prism consumes significantly less mana while unfocused. Consider firing in short holds if there is no need for the concentrated beam, such as when facing large enemies or groups.
- While held, the Last Prism's aim works in a sweeping motion, so turn rate is reduced.
- The lifesteal set bonus from the Spectre Hood does not work with the fully charged beam.
- The beam will stop firing after 1 minute of continuous use, but will continue to drain mana. However, this is only achievable with certain setups like using Spikes and Celestial Cuffs, or a Mana flower with a large supply of Super Mana Potions.
- Unlike most piercing attacks, the Last Prism hits 12 times per second instead of the usual 6.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Although Super Mana Potions are the only effective way to continuously shoot the beam, the Mana Sickness debuff they incur heavily reduces its damage output. If this is not of the player's concern, the Mana Flower can be a helpful asset. If it is, there are quite a few other workarounds:
- It is also possible to setup statues of enemies with a 1 Second Timer, and use minions or traps/lava to kill them. Then using the Celestial Magnet or its upgrades, the player continuously picks up mana Stars. Statues of the Skeleton, Crab, slimes, and other less mobile enemies are recommended.
- One can also use Magic Cuffs (or Celestial Cuffs) while standing on Spikes to fire the beam indefinitely. With a Celestial Stone, this results in very slow life loss, such that one can recover with potions. While not effective against many fast moving bosses, it can be used on events such as the Old One's Army .
- With Nebula armor, an enemy statue farm (provides buffs), magic-boosting accessories, and a proper arena, it is possible to reach 250,000 points in the Pumpkin Moon. A similar effect can be achieved in the Frost Moon.
- With an enemy statue farm, it is possible to use the Last Prism almost infinitely (due to the time limit of using it per hold-click) by collecting the Stars dropped by killed enemies. Star Statues can increase this Star amount.
- It is only recommended to use it in open-area combat as the beams cannot pass through solid blocks. The Lunar Flare, another magic weapon dropped by the Moon Lord, serves better for this purpose.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Last Prism beam has the same sound effect as the Phaseblade/Phasesaber.
- For the first few seconds during usage, this weapon produces sounds similar to that of Jetpack, the Rocket Boots, the Aqua Scepter, and the Golden Shower.
- The beams change to various different colors if the character's name is one of the following: Tsuki (pink), Yoraiz0r (pink), Ghostar (green), Devalaous (pink, purple, blue), Leinfors (pink), Aeroblop (green, yellow), Doylee (red), Darkhalis (purple, blue), Arkhalis (pink, blue), Nike Leon (yellow, red), Suweeka (blue, green), W1K (pink, purple, blue), and Grox The Great (green), which are the names of various testers for Terraria. Having the name "Random" will also randomize the colors.
- This item could be considered an upgrade to the Charged Blaster Cannon, as both have a high-DPS beam.
- The super beam is also similar to the Phantasmal Deathray launched by Moon Lord and his True Eyes of Cthulhu. Coincidently, Moon Lord's beam also does 300 damage, and the other eyes deal around 100, which corresponds to the weapon's damage when focused and unfocused. However, Moon Lord and his minions will cause invincibility frames while the Last Prism will not.
- Despite being capable of launching a laser beam (which should simply burn through everything), it still produces regular impact sounds (like that of a physical weapon) multiple times when hitting enemies. The same thing is also true for weapons like the Charged Blaster Cannon.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Grox the Great.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Suweeka, W1K or Random.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Added unique beam colors if the player's name is Nike Leon.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- A tick is a time unit countable by the software. Most of Terraria's updating logic happens every tick. A tick has the length of 1/60th of a second, hence there are 60 ticks in a second and 3600 ticks in a minute.