|Knockback||0 (No Knockback)|
|Use time||10 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||'Fire a lifeform disintegration rainbow'|
- Internal Item ID: 3541
The Last Prism is a Hardmode magic weapon that has a 1/9 chance (11%) of being dropped by the Moon Lord. It fires several beams of light that converge into one as it charges. It deals a massive amount of damage, but consumes mana very rapidly.
The Last Prism projects 6 beams that deal individual damage as they begin to rotate out of the prism's tip, then spin faster as they converge into one thick beam. This process takes approximately 3 seconds, each beam continuing to deal the weapon's full listed damage. The fully-converged beam deals 3 times the listed damage, for an output of 300 damage per hit. Unlike most piercing attacks, the weapon hits 12 times per second (every 5 game ticks). The mana cost will increase massively as the beam converges.
Due to the weapon's high mana cost (12 mana 6 times per second when fully charged = 72 mana per second), players will struggle to maintain the beam for more than 5-6 seconds. A Mana Flower, Magic Cuffs, Nebula armor, and a large supply of Super Mana Potions may be required for continuous use.
The Last Prism cannot deal any knockback.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Last Prism consumes significantly less mana while unfocused. Consider firing in short holds if there is no need for the concentrated beam, such as when facing large enemies or groups.
- While held, the Last Prism's aim works in a sweeping motion, so turn rate is reduced.
- If the player has the life steal set bonus from the Spectre Hood, the beams from the Last Prism will not consistently contribute to the life steal.
- The beam will stop firing after 1 minute of continuous use, but will continue to drain mana.
- This weapon competes with the Lunar Flare as the most powerful magic weapon; both have pros and cons, but it's up to the player to decide which they like best.
- Unlike most piercing attacks, the Last Prism hits 12 times per second instead of the usual 6.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Although Super Mana Potions are the only effective way to continuously shoot the beam, the Mana Sickness debuff they incur heavily reduces its damage output. Using a Mana Flower is the best way to achieve this as running out of mana before drinking a potion will cause the beam will break and need to be restarted.
- It is also possible to setup statues of enemies with a one-second timer, and use minions or traps to kill them. Then using the celestial magnet or it's upgrades, you continuously pickup mana stars. Statues of the skeleton, crab, slime, and other less mobile enemies are recommended.
- One can also use Magic Cuffs (or Celestial Cuffs) while standing on Spikes to fire the beam indefinitely. With a Celestial Stone, this results in very slow life loss, such that one can recover with potions. While not effective against many fast moving bosses, it can be used on events such as Old One's Army.
- With Nebula armor, an Enemy Statue farm (provides buffs), magic-boosting accessories, and a proper arena, it is possible to reach 250,000 points in the Pumpkin Moon.
- With an Enemy Statue farm, it is possible to use the Last Prism almost infinitely (due to the time limit of using it per hold-click) by collecting the Stars dropped by killed enemies. Star Statues can increase this Star amount.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Last Prism beam has the same sound effect as the Phaseblade/Phasesaber.
- Upon activating the weapon, it briefly produces the sound of a Jetpack/Aqua Scepter.
- The beams change to various different colors if the character's name is one of the following: Tsuki, Yoraiz0r, Ghostar, Devalaous, Leinfors, Aeroblop, Doylee, Darkhalis, Arkhalis, Nike Leon, Suweeka, W1K, and Grox The Great, which are the names of various testers for Terraria. Having the name "Random" will also randomize the colors.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()