- Internal Item ID: 906
The Lava Charm is an accessory that grants immunity to lava for 7 seconds. It is found in Chests in the Cavern layer (only in the lava layer on the Desktop version), as well as from Hellstone and Obsidian Crates with a 1/40 (2.5%) chance.
When the Lava Charm is equipped and the player comes into contact with lava, a 7-second countdown begins, signified by a lava meter that displays over the player's head. It operates similarly to the Breath meter, but displays flame icons instead of bubbles. Lava immunity time is recharged gradually by exiting lava, the same way breathing time is recharged by exiting water (albeit much more slowly).
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike permanent immunity charms, equipping the Lava Charm does not give immediate protection; equipping it after falling into lava will not help.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- This accessory will make the mining of Hellstone easier.
- It will also help if the player gets pushed into the lava in The Underworld.
- The Lava Waders, Molten Charm, Hellfire Treads, Terraspark Boots, and Demonic Hellcart stack with the Lava Charm to increase lava immunity by 7 seconds each to a maximum total of 42 / 14 seconds. Of these, only the Demonic Hellcart is not itself a Lava Charm upgrade.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Now only found in Chests in the lava layer.
- Now used to craft the Molten Charm.
- Can now be found from Obsidian and Hellstone Crates
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Made changes from Console 1.0.750.0. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: ()
- Lava immunity timer now appears over the player's head.
- Sprite updated to match Desktop 184.108.40.206.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced with changes up to Desktop 220.127.116.11.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.