|Coins|120*120Pre-Hardmode: 300*3Hardmode: 480*480
The Lava Slime is a slime exclusive to The Underworld. It gives off an orange glow with fire particles.
Lava Slimes take no damage from lava and float on it like regular Slimes do on water, except they rebound very high into the air when they come up, instead of gently bouncing up and down like normal slimes do in water. Lava Slimes also have increased mobility compared to any other normal slime. Unlike other slimes, the Lava Slime does not drop gel upon death but they still drop coins. In Expert Mode they spawn lava upon being killed.
Just like many other slimes, Lava Slimes become passive around the player that has the Royal Gel accessory equipped.
Lava Slimes are immune to the Poisoned, On Fire!, Venom, Shadowflame and Cursed Inferno debuffs.
- The lava created in Expert mode may become a problem to players using bridges or structures without holes for liquids to flow through. Tunneling one block wide holes prevents a buildup on bridges or any other structures. It also destroys the coins dropped from the Lava Slime.
- The Lava Slime can jump about 2 times higher than regular above ground Slimes.
• “You have killed every type of slime!”
Defeat at least one of every type of slime
- The Bestiary entry for the Lava Slime: "Due to the heat of the underworld, these slimes have taken on the properties of lava. Slaying them is difficult and dangerous."
- Desktop 1.0.6: Lava Slimes no longer spawn lava upon death, instead of dropping coins.