|AI Type||Slime AI|
|Banner||Lava Slime Banner|
- Internal NPC ID: 59
“Due to the heat of the underworld, these slimes have taken on the properties of lava. Slaying them is difficult and dangerous.
— The Bestiary
Lava Slimes take no damage from lava and float on it like regular Slimes do on water, except they rebound very high into the air when they come up, instead of gently bouncing up and down like normal slimes do in water. Lava Slimes also have increased mobility compared to any other normal slime. Unlike other slimes, the Lava Slime does not drop gel upon death but they still drop coins. In Expert Mode they spawn lava upon being killed.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The lava created in Expert mode may become a problem to players using bridges or structures without holes for liquids to flow through. Tunneling one block wide holes prevents a buildup on bridges or any other structures. It also destroys the coins dropped from the Lava Slime.
- The Lava Slime can jump about 2 times higher than regular above ground Slimes.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Can now drop its own respective banner.
- Lava-spawning behavior reintroduced, but only in Expert Mode.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Lava Slimes no longer spawn lava upon death, instead dropping coins.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.