|Tooltip||Provides the ability to walk on water and lava|
Grants immunity to fire blocks and 7 seconds of immunity to lava
- Internal Item ID: 908
The Lava Waders are an accessory that allow the player to walk on the surface of all liquids, including Water, Honey, and even Lava, without taking Lava damage or triggering the On Fire! debuff (unlike the Water Walking Boots and Obsidian Water Walking Boots, which only allow walking on Water and Honey).
Lava Waders also allow the player to submerge in Lava safely for 7 seconds (press the ▼ Down key to submerge), without incurring Lava damage or triggering the On Fire! debuff. The 7-second countdown is signified by a lava meter that displays over the player's head, similar to the Breath meter, but displaying flame icons instead of bubbles. Lava immunity time is recharged gradually by exiting lava, the same way breathing time is recharged by exiting water.
All liquids, including lava, can be walked on indefinitely while Lava Waders are equipped. The countdown only applies when submerged in lava, whereas the player can stand on its surface indefinitely.
The Lava Charm stacks with the Lava Waders to increase Lava immunity time to 14 seconds.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Crafting tree[edit | edit source]
| × 20|
( + )
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Lava Waders allow the player to walk on Honey, even though Honey is not mentioned in the Lava Waders' tooltip.
- It's still possible to fall through lava whenever there is a change in its fluid level (e.g. when standing on lava and mining Hellstone).
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Lava Waders are beneficial for mining Hellstone, and during the Wall of Flesh fight(s), if a walkway hasn't been built.
- Equipping the Flipper in addition makes it possible to swim in lava, while being immune to its effects for 7 seconds.
- Lava Waders let you walk in thin layers of Lava, such as those used in traps and farms without destroying drops, without using up the 7 second lava immunity.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.