We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Tooltip|| Provides the ability to walk on water and lava|
Grants immunity to fire blocks and 7 seconds of immunity to lava
|Internal Item ID: 908|
The Lava Waders are an accessory that allow the player to walk on Water, Lava, and Honey indefinitely (despite Honey not being included in the tooltip). They also allow the player to submerge in lava safely for 7 seconds. The seven-second countdown only applies when submerged in lava, whereas the player can stand on its surface indefinitely. Lava Waders additionally provide immunity to the Burning debuff incurred from contact with Meteorite or Hellstone.
The lava immunity effect stacks with the Lava Charm, for a total of 14 seconds of immunity.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Lava Waders are beneficial for mining Hellstone, and during the Wall of Flesh fight(s), if a walkway hasn't been built.
- Equipping the Flipper in addition makes it possible to swim in lava, while being immune to its effects for 7 seconds.
- Lava Waders let you walk in thin layers of Lava, such as those used in traps and farms without destroying drops, without using up the 7 second lava immunity.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Lava Waders are one of the few pre-Hardmode accessories to have the lime Rarity.
- It's still possible to fall through lava whenever there is a change in its fluid level (e.g. when standing on lava and mining Hellstone).
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.2: Sprite updated.
- 1.2: Introduced.