Lead Ore is an early-game ore that generates on world creation on the surface, as well as in the Underground and Cavern layers. Its primary use is in crafting Lead Bars, which can then be used to craft the Lead tier of tools, weapons, and armor, as well as Buckets, Chains, and several other items. The equivalent of Lead Ore is Iron Ore, which will sometimes replace Lead in a world. Lead Ore has a small chance to appear as a bonus drop from Slimes.
As Lead Bars are required to craft a Lead Anvil, Lead Ore must usually be obtained before any tools, weapons, or armor can be crafted from bars. This can be avoided by purchasing an Iron Anvil from the Merchant, but it is usually easy to find the required 15 Lead Ores fairly early.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lead and Iron are the only ores that don't have bricks.
- While lead is used to craft equipment in Terraria, this would be highly implausible from a real world standpoint due to real lead being toxic, brittle, and very heavy.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Placed lead has a new texture.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
| Iron and Lead |
|Iron: Fence • Anvil • Door • • • • • • ( )Lead: • • Fence • Anvil • Door • • • • • • • • • Pump • • ( ) • • • • • • • Bucket • • • • •• •|