|Type||Ore – Crafting material|
|Use time||9 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 700|
|Internal Tile ID: 167|
Lead Ore is an early-game ore that generates on world creation on the surface, as well as in the Underground and Cavern layers. Its primary use is in crafting Lead Bars, which can then be used to craft the Lead tier of tools, weapons, and armor, as well as Buckets, Chains, and several other items. The equivalent of Lead Ore is Iron Ore, which will sometimes replace Lead in a world.
As Lead Bars are required to craft a Lead Anvil, Lead Ore must usually be obtained before any tools, weapons, or armor can be crafted from bars. This can be avoided by purchasing an Iron Anvil from the Merchant, but it is usually easy to find the required 15 Lead Ores fairly early.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lead and Iron are the only ores that don't have bricks.
- Lead (with the element symbol of Pb) is No. 82 on the periodic table of elements.
- In Terraria, Lead has a chance to spawn as an alternative to Iron, although realistically, this would be highly implausible from a real world standpoint due to the toxicity and health concerns provided by lead, along with its sheer weight and brittle state.
- Lead is actually a poisonous metal.
See Also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- 126.96.36.199: Placed lead has a new texture.
- 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- 1.2: Introduced.
| Iron and Lead |
|Iron: Ore • Bar • Fence • Anvil • Door • Pickaxe • Axe • Hammer • Shortsword • Broadsword • Bow • Armor ( Ancient Helmet)Lead: Ore • Bar • Fence • Anvil • Door • Pickaxe • Axe • Hammer • Shortsword • Broadsword • Bow • Armor Chain • Crate • Minecart Track • Pump • Sawmill • Heavy Work Bench • Cooking Pot ( Cauldron) • Chest • Barrel • Trash Can • Toilet • Bathtub • Grandfather Clock Lamp Post • Rack • Bucket • Reinforced Fishing Pole • Flamethrower • Ironskin Potion Mechanical Eye • Mechanical Worm • Mechanical Skull|