We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|AI Type||Lepus AI|
|Mobile/3DS-Only Content: This information applies only to the mobile, and 3DS versions of Terraria.|
- For strategies on defeating Lepus, see Guide:Lepus strategies.
Lepus is a large rabbit boss exclusive to the Mobile version and version of Terraria. It can be summoned with the Suspicious Looking Egg, which is dropped by Corrupt Bunnies and Diseaster Bunnies during the Easter season. When summoned, the message "Lepus has awoken!" will display. Lepus can be spawned at any time of day.
At first, Lepus will slowly walk forward, occasionally turning to face the player. After a while, it will briefly stand still, launch a Lepus Egg, and then quickly jump towards the player.
Lepus lays two types of Lepus Eggs: small ones that hatch Diseaster Bunnies, and bigger ones that hatch another weaker Lepus. These eggs can be damaged and destroyed by the player before hatching. A maximum of 5 Lepus can be spawned from the large eggs laid by the original Lepus, and after there are five, no more large eggs will be laid. Each Lepus will drop items, but only the last one will drop the Egg Cannon or Boots of Ostara.
If you defeat Lepus while an unhatched large egg is still present, it will spawn around 3-6 Diseaster Bunnies instead of a new Lepus.
While Lepus is alive, music Boss 1 will play.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Defeating Lepus will not fulfill the requirement for the Dryad NPC to spawn.
- Lepus rarely drops Souls of Might, one of the only two Hardmode crafting ingredients obtainable pre-Hardmode, the other being the Crystal Shard, dropped by Arch Demons.
- Lepus has the most health out of all the pre-hardmode bosses, almost twice the health of the Wall of Flesh.
- Lepus will always spawn towards the center of the map. If the player is to the right of the center, Lepus will spawn on the left and vice versa.
- Letting a Lepus Egg hatch will spawn another Lepus, but only the last Lepus defeated will drop loot.
- Lepus can easily overwhelm beginners by spawning more, weaker, versions of himself, so make sure to always destroy the Lepus Eggs.
- The large number of diseaster bunnies spawned by Lepus, combined with the fact that he drops his summon item when he dies, makes Lepus a viable method for getting Key Molds.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Lepus can be trapped easily, since it can't fit through small gaps, but its smaller Diseaster Bunnies can still reach you.
- Trapping Lepus in a deep enough pit and firing downward can also be effective.
- Like most seasonal content, Lepus can be fought by changing the device's date to a day in April, when Easter is set to occur. Not all devices will allow the date to be changed, however.
- It is possible to farm coins by creating a pit with traps (preferably Lihzahrd) and jumping in with the traps disabled. The player can then grab the coins and grapple out (with no fear due to all the dropped hearts).
- Lepus can be attacked while the player takes low to no damage by making a tall staircase mostly because Lepus has such a large and odd AI causing him to slide down stairs at the end of a leap, however Diseaster Bunnies can use stairs correctly.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lepus has an unused animation: instead of standing before making an egg, it would close its eyes and fold its ears, then open its eyes and mouth, and lift its ears up.
- The word "Lepus" means "hare" in Latin, and is used today as the name of the genus that hares and jackrabbits belong to. Rabbits, known alternately as "bunnies" and associated with Easter, are not actually members of Lepus.
- Lepus, Turkor the Ungrateful and the Celestial Towers are the only bosses who don't drop Trophies.
- Lepus used to drop Greater Healing Potions even before Hardmode was added until it was patched in 1.2. This made it by far the easiest way to obtain large amounts of Greater Healing Potions.
- Lepus' corpse parts use the Corrupt Bunny texture.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Mobile 1.2.6508 PC 1.2 Update: Health significantly increased, now drops Lesser Healing Potions instead of Greater Healing Potions.
- Mobile 1.1.91 Easter Update: Introduced "Officially".
- Mobile 1.1.8 Valentine Update: Introduced "Secretly".
| Console/Mobile only enemies |
|Pre-Hardmode||Albino Antlion • Arch Demon • Dragon Hornet • Dragon Skull • Dragon Snatcher • Orca • Vampire Miner|
|Hardmode||Arch Wyvern • Shadow Hammer • Shadow Mummy • Shadow Slime • Spectral Elemental • Spectral Gastropod • Spectral Mummy|
|Bosses||Ocram • Servant of Ocram • Lepus • Diseaster Bunny • Turkor the Ungrateful|