|Use time||29 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Permanently increases maximum life by 20|
|Internal Item ID: 29|
A Life Crystal is an item that drops when a Crystal Heart is broken with a Pickaxe. When used, it permanently increases the player's health capacity by 20, adding a red heart to the player's health bar, while also restoring 20 health. Life Crystals are consumed upon use.
Up to 15 Life Crystals can be used, increasing health capacity by 300 (15 hearts). Added to the 100 health new players begin with (5 hearts), a total of 400 health (20 hearts) can be achieved. Additional Crystal Hearts can no longer be used at that point, and attempting to do so will not consume the item. Extra Life Crystals acquired thereafter can be sold for coins, or used to craft Heart Lanterns.
After a world converts to Hardmode, and after the 400 health maximum is reached from consuming Crystal Hearts, Life Fruits can then be used to increase health capacity further, to a maximum of 500 (20 Life Fruits).
|Life Crystals Used|
| 1 used:
| 15 used:
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The maximum number of Life Crystals that can generate is 100 on a small world, 230 on a medium world, or 403 on a large world; sometimes a Life Crystal will fail to generate causing there to be slightly fewer than the maximum number in the world, but the total will not exceed these amounts.
- On the Mobile version, the Guide tells you you will need a hammer to collect a Life Crystal from a Crystal Heart, but you can mine them with a pickaxe anyway.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.1: Now sells for 1 gold and 50 silver.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Due to the addition of Life Fruit, hearts are now all red; from 420 health and onward, hearts are smaller like the other versions, and gold hearts represent Life Fruit.
- Mobile 1.1.5822: Can now be used up to 400 HP, instead of the former 200 HP. From 420 health and onward, hearts are represented by a gold layer on top of existing hearts (as if the player had used Life Fruits).
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.