|Knockback||2.5 (Very Weak)|
|Use time||12 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Drains life from enemies|
|Buff tooltip||Increased life regeneration|
|Duration||Until all enemies are killed or usage of Life Drain ceases|
- Soul Drain
When used, it deals constant damage to all enemies near the cursor's position, as long as the distance between the player and the cursor is unobstructed. A stream of red particles flows toward the user from each targeted enemy. While the weapon is in use, the user receives the Life Drain buff, which adds 2.5 life per second to existing life regeneration. The weapon will drain mana as long as it is in use, regardless of whether it connects with enemies or not.
While an enemy is being damaged by Life Drain, it is also afflicted with a special debuff that deals 5 damage per tick.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Life Drain buff is only active when the enemy is getting hurt, not when the red particles touch you.
- The Life Drain is a very effective weapon against crowds of enemies.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Life Drain employs a significantly different mechanic from the Vampire Knives, which actually heal the user based on damage dealt. This weapon instead applies a life regeneration buff while enemies are being damaged which increases in power for every two additional enemies within its effect, but provides slower healing than the Vampire Knives. Both weapons are, however, very thematically similar, being based around stealing health and focused around the Crimson biome.
- Because of the way that Life Drain's regeneration works, equipment that multiplies the effects of regeneration, like Crimson Armor, rather than adding to it are more useful in combination with it.
- This is a useful weapon against worm-type enemies since it counts each segment as an individual target. This does indeed work against The Destroyer, but, because the Destroyer is immune to the debuff the weapon causes, the Life Drain buff will not be applied, and the weapon will not create red particles.
- The Life Drain buff is applied when attacking Target Dummies, allowing players to heal more quickly after respawning without needing to pay the Nurse.
- While the player must aim at an area within their line of sight, the Life Drain can still damage enemies through walls as long as they are still in the area.
- The regeneration effect of this weapon is not canceled by the Moon Lord's Moon Bite debuff.
- As it will always take a set amount of mana, but has no max amount of enemies it can damage at once, grouping enemies will help save on mana while doing the same damage.
- This item works extremely well with the Palladium armor set bonus. When player attacks enemies with the Life Drain, it activates the armor's regeneration buff as well as the weapon's, making for very quick healing.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.