|Use time||29 (Average)|
|Tooltip||Permanently increases maximum life by 5|
|Internal Item ID: 1291|
|Internal Tile ID: 236|
Life Fruits are a Hardmode type of plant that grows on Jungle Grass in the Underground Jungle. Once harvested and used, a Life Fruit permanently increases the player's health capacity by 5, turning one of the hearts in the player's health meter golden.
Life Fruits can only be used once a player has reached the 400 health cap from Life Crystals. On the Desktop version and Console version, Life Fruits will only grow after a Mechanical Boss has been defeated. On the Old-gen console version, Mobile version, and version, Life Fruits can be found prior to defeating a Mechanical Boss, just in much smaller numbers; defeating a Mechanical Boss increases the amount that can grow.
A total of 20 Life Fruits are required to reach the maximum of 500 health capacity, at which point all of a player's hearts will be golden.
|Life Fruits Used|
| 1 used:
| 20 used:
Achievements[edit | edit source]
|Get a Life • "Consume a life fruit, which grows in the thick of subterranean jungle grass."|
|Consume a life fruit.|
|Topped Off • "Attain maximum health and mana possible without accessories or buffs."|
|Attain maximum health and mana.|
|Maxed Out • "You have the maximum health and mana!"|
|Max out your health and mana.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Life Fruits continuously spawn inside the Underground Jungle. This means that small player-made Underground Jungle biomes can spawn Life Fruits as well.
- When a Life Fruit is used successfully it restores the player's current health by 5 as well.
- Like other plants, Life Fruits can be harvested with any weapon or tool, and a pickaxe isn't required. Any type of attack can uproot them.
- Life Fruits are shown by the Spelunker buff, like ores and treasures.
- A Lifeforce Potion can be used to temporarily increase health capacity even beyond 500, to a maximum of 600.
- Like many plants, Life Fruits will be uprooted if the ground beneath them changes to a type other than the Jungle grass they naturally grow on.
- Life Fruits currently have the highest Metal Detector value. This can make searching for ores or other valuables more difficult once full health has been reached as any errant Life Fruits will show up over everything else in the area.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The plants on which the fruit grows have three different possible sprites. They are all functionally identical.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: You now have to kill a Mechanical boss to spawn Life Fruits. Life Fruit can spawn closer together now.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.