|Damage||18 / 17 (Melee)|
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
- Internal Item ID: 46
The Light's Bane is a Pre-Hardmode broadsword crafted solely out of Corruption Demonite Bars, considered to be an upgrade from the Gold Broadsword and the Platinum Broadsword. It has a Crimtane counterpart, the Blood Butcherer, which is stronger and larger but also much slower. It is one of the first five Demonite items available to the player, along with the Demon Bow, the War Axe of the Night, the Fisher of Souls, and the Malaise, as it does not require Shadow Scales to craft. It is notably faster and slightly smaller than the metal broadswords.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Light's Bane offers higher DPS than the War Axe of the Night. However, the latter has better range and has autoswing, which counterbalances the reduced DPS.
- The Breaker is even stronger, but is incredibly slow, making it less efficient.
- It is still important to craft the Light's Bane, as it is needed to craft the Night's Edge later on in the game.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1: Damage increased from 17 to 18.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Size Scale increased from 1.1 to 1.4.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Sprite slightly updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Damage increased from 16 to 17.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.