|Damage||57 / 35 Melee|
|Knockback||8 (Very Strong)|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Stacks up to 5|
- Light Disc
The Light Disc is a Hardmode boomerang-type weapon that deals melee damage. Light Discs have the rare ability (along with the Bananarang, though it is twice the amount) to be stacked up to 5 in a single slot, which allows them to be rapid-fired by holding the attack button, with multiple discs in the air at once. They are quicker than other boomerangs, and can ricochet any number of times. After approximately two seconds, the disc will return to the thrower.
Light Disc physics are similar to the Thorn Chakram's, though Light Discs have nearly twice the range and do not "wobble" as they travel. They also emit a small amount of light, comparable to the glow of Demonite, Crimtane, or Crystal Shards.
Light Discs cannot have modifiers through any usual in-game means, due to their stackable nature.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Liquids slow their travel speed.
- Since Light Discs count as melee weapons, buffs that increase melee damage and speed will affect them.
- Due to their infinite ricochet ability, Light Discs ricocheting at acute angles in small enclosure can cause exponential ricochets and particles, which might cause lag.
- In the Mobile version, Mimics cannot drop the Compass; they instead have a chance of dropping a Light Disc.
- Firing a Light Disc directly against a wall grants it the ability to penetrate a 1-block wide wall directly behind the player.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- A full stack of five Light Discs is very useful for cave exploration, gathering drops from underground enemies, and generally surviving underground in Hardmode. Its continuous ricocheting fire, long range, and ability to have five projectiles in the air at once, along with the lack of any ammo consumption, mean that the usage key can be held continuously during travel to maintain a rather large spread "field" of indefinite protective fire with relatively little need to aim.
- A full stack of Light Discs can be very effective when fighting monsters in small areas or rooms.
- Crafting and selling Light Discs can be a good source of coins. Two of the three materials needed for crafting drop from The Destroyer, with said materials worth
56000*5 60 if sold separately ( 40000*4 for 5 Souls of Might + 16000*1 60 for 4 Hallowed Bars). Three Souls of Light add 600*6 to the total sell price ( 56600*5 66 ). The 100000*10 sell price of the Light Discs nets about 77% more profit.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Light Discs resemble identity discs from the 1982 American science fiction action-adventure film Tron.
- Upon entering the map function of the Old-gen console version and Mobile version of Terraria, a small Light Disc will briefly appear as the loading icon.
- Light Discs can be assigned modifiers through use of an inventory editor. The best modifier that will stick is Godly, like other boomerangs.
- Prior to the 1.2 update, one could throw an infinite amount of Light Discs.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Damage increased from 35 to 57.
- Desktop 1.2: Crafting recipe changed. Now crafted with 4 Hallowed Bars instead of 10 Cobalt and 10 Mythril Bars.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.01: Can no longer throw an unlimited number of Light Discs (even when only 1 was in inventory).
- Console-Release: Introduced (Desktop equivalence of 1.1.2).
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- 1.2.12773: Removed as the loading icon upon entering the map function, a small Light Disc used to briefly appear (version?).
- Mobile-Release: Introduced (? first mention in the page history was after the 1.1.5536 update).
- 3DS-Release: Introduced (Desktop equivalence of 1.2).