Lightning Aura sentry summons
The Lightning Aura Rod, Cane, and Staff are special sentry summon weapons that summon a small base at the point clicked and a Lightning Aura sentry minion (an orb) which hovers over the base. Each Lightning Aura sentry is a circle of lightning aura centered on the base that damages enemies repeatedly as they go through it. The Rod is sold by the Tavernkeep for 5 , the Cane for 25 , and Staff for 100 .
Lightning Aura weapons completely ignore enemy defenses, by adding half the enemy's defense to the weapon's damage. The Lightning Aura Staff, for example, always inflicts around 34 damage on any enemy, regardless of its defense stat. The Lightning Aura weapons state tripled damage numbers in their tooltips as an estimate to reflect this unique ability.
The Rod is always available. The Cane becomes available after defeating one Mechanical Boss, and the Staff becomes available after defeating Golem. The three different versions cause an identical effect, but with varying statistics, with the Staff being the most expensive and the most powerful.
These weapons can only be used outside of the Old One's Army event after the event has been successfully completed. Completing the event on any difficulty allows Rods, Canes, and Staves alike to be used outside of the event.
During the Old One's Army event, Etherian Mana can be collected, which allows the placement of multiple Lightning Auras that remain permanently until the event is over. Etherian Mana cannot be used outside the event.
Lightning Aura sentries are boosted by the Monk armor and Shinobi Infiltrator armor set bonuses, which increase their attack rate (from 2 attacks per second to 2.4 attacks per second) and allow them to deal critical hits. The critical strike chance of these weapons will always be locked at 25% (Shinobi Infiltrator), or 16.7% (Monk), and will not be boosted by the weapon's modifier or any other boost to critical strike chance.
Its best Modifier is Demonic, as it does not have any knockback, and thus cannot get modifiers that affect it.
Tiers[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Completing the Old One's Army event on any difficulty sets a hidden attribute for both the world it was completed on and the character who completed it. Any characters, including newly made ones, who visit that world may then use Rods, Canes, and Staves on any world. The character who completed the event may also use Rods, Canes, and Staves on any world.
- A Lightning Aura sentry can be placed next to another Tavernkeep sentry, but it isn't possible to place another Tavernkeep sentry inside an existing lightning aura. Therefore, if you want to cluster various sentries together, place the Lightning Aura last.
- A Lightning Aura sentry placed close to one of the portals will kill or severely weaken most of the tier 1 mobs before they can get anywhere close to the crystal, making tier 1 much easier.
- The Lightning Aura's maximum radius is 9 tiles, with the top 'orb' being in the 10th tile up from the base. If summoned in a space shorter than 10 tiles (blocked by either blocks or platforms), the Lightning Aura shrinks, down to a minimum radius of three tiles, with the orb inhabiting the fourth tile above.
- The Lightning Aura requires a line of sight from the orb to any enemy inside its radius in order to damage them. Summoning a Lightning Aura in a space shorter than 10 tiles places the orb inside a block, rendering most of its attack range moot; though it will still damage enemies directly beneath it. While platforms will decrease the range of a Lightning Aura, they will not block line of sight, allowing the aura to function normally.
- Dungeon Guardians, and any other enemy that happens to have over 999 defense, are excluded from the Lightning Aura's defense compensation ability, and will cause the Aura's damage to be reduced as normal.
- The aura will sometimes destroy the projectiles fired by Caster AI enemies.
- The Lightning Aura can be used effectively against worm bosses.
- A Lightning Aura sentry emits light, therefore it can be useful when exploring caves to locate undiscovered sections.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Lightning Aura at Dungeon Defenders 2 Wiki.
- Flameburst sentry summons
- Explosive Trap sentry summons
- Ballista sentry summons
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Fixed turrets falling through platforms after spawning on them.
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]