- Not to be confused with Jungle Shrine.
The Jungle Temple, also known as the Lihzahrd Temple, is a large, enclosed structure made out of Lihzahrd Bricks that is located within the Underground Jungle. It contains unique Lihzahrd-themed enemies and furniture, including the Lihzahrd Furnace, a crafting station used for crafting more types of Lihzahrd-themed furniture. The Lihzahrd Altar is found here, which is used to summon Golem.
The temple can be entered through the Lihzahrd Door near the top, which is initially locked. A Temple Key is required to open it, which is dropped by Plantera. Using the key on the door consumes it and unlocks the door, permanently granting access to the temple to all players in the world. Although it is usually impossible to enter the temple in any other way due to Lihzahrd Bricks being so robust they require tools dropped by Golem to be destroyed and Lihzahrd Brick Walls imposing numerous restrictions, e.g. on Teleporters, there are several methods to enter the temple prior to defeating Plantera.
Within the temple, there is a long, winding corridor leading from the entrance through many chambers down to a large room containing the Lihzahrd Altar. The altar can be used to summon the Golem boss at the cost of one Lihzahrd Power Cell, which are found in the temple's Lihzahrd Chests and are dropped by Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes. The entire temple is filled with several types of traps, including Flame, Spear, Spiked Ball, and Super Dart Traps. Traps occur much more frequently in the temple than in the Dungeon and are far more damaging. They are activated by Lihzahrd Pressure Plates, which only respond to players (enemies walk on them freely without triggering them). Like in the Dungeon, all temple traps, pressure plates, and wires can be looted by the player, e.g. for use in player-built mechanisms, and save the player from nasty suprises.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even before entering Hardmode, Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes can spawn outside the temple, if the player is standing directly in front of a Lihzahrd Brick Wall (in the temple's entrance, for example). They pose a very high threat to players without late-game equipment.
- Lihzahrd Chests can sometimes generate outside the door of the temple or very close to one of the temple's edges, allowing loot to be obtained without entering the temple itself.
- While the explosion-proof Lihzahrd Bricks and the Lihzahrd Altar can only be mined with a Picksaw, most other objects in the temple, including traps, can be removed with low-tier tools. In the Mobile version, a Picksaw or explosives are required.Verify
- It is possible for the Lihzahrd Altar room to be too small to fit the Golem. This will cause the Golem to clip through walls and it will be unable to attack.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If any area of the temple is blocked off, the player can use, for example, two Teleporters with some wire, Actuators with an Actuation Rod, the Rod of Discord, or a hoik to bypass the blockage.
- The Jungle Temple is densely wired. Collecting all wires in the Temple (using the Wire Cutter or The Grand Design) can net a player over 1000 wires.
- An effective way of avoiding the traps in the temple is to hold a wire-related item (Wrench, Wire Cutter, or their upgrades, or devices or triggers) to make placed wires visible, or use a Mechanical Lens. The Dangersense Potion is also useful for this, as the buff also highlights Wooden Spikes in addition to traps and pressure plates.
- The Lihzahrd Furnace can be sold for
20000*2 and since every chest inside the temple contains one, selling excess ones is an effective way of making money.
- Using an item like the Binoculars or the Sniper Scope to extend the reach of the cursor can allow reaching Lihzahrd Chests from the outside of the temple in certain areas (e.g. the lowest chamber).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Wires of the Jungle Temple appear to have their colors based upon the horizontal position of the pressure plate they originate from.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: You can no longer teleport in front of Jungle Temple walls.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Lihzahrd walls can be harvested.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.08: Players can no longer pass through the Lihzahrd Door while it is locked.
- Console 1.03: The Lihzahrd Door can no longer be broken with a Drax.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.12773: Fixed a similar bug where players were teleported into the temple before defeating Plantera.
- Mobile 1.2.12715: Fixed a bug where players might get teleported into the temple before defeating Plantera.
- Mobile 1.2.17028: Lihzahrd Door can no longer be destroyed by Dynamite and the Holy Hand Grenade. Lihzahrd Traps can now only be broken with a Picksaw.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.