- Not to be confused with Jungle Shrine.
The Jungle Temple, also known as the Lihzahrd Temple, is a structure that can be considered the Jungle's relatively small version of the Dungeon, although it has no version of the dungeon guardian. The Jungle Temple can only be opened in Hardmode, and is located in the Underground Jungle, with no surface entrance. The Temple contains unique enemies, and Lihzahrd-themed furniture. Its Lihzahrd Chests have a chance to contain a Lihzahrd Furnace, for crafting other types of Lihzahrd-themed furniture. The Lihzahrd Altar is found here, which is used to summon Golem.
In order to access the Temple, one must first defeat Plantera to get the Temple Key. This key is used to open the Lihzahrd Door at the Temple's entrance, which permanently unlocks the door and consumes the Temple Key. The Temple itself is constructed from Lihzahrd Bricks, which require a pickaxe with 210% or greater mining power to mine- the first available to the player being the Picksaw, dropped by the Golem inside the temple. Killing Plantera also allows the player to use Actuators on Lihzahrd bricks.
Within the Temple are trap-filled corridors leading down to a large room containing the Lihzahrd Altar. The Altar can be used to summon the Golem boss at the cost of one Lihzahrd Power Cell. One Power Cell can be found in each of the Temple's Lihzahrd Chests, and are dropped rarely by Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes in the Temple.
The Temple is filled with several types of traps, including Flame Traps, Spear Traps, Spiked Ball Traps, and Super Dart Traps. Traps occur much more frequently in the Temple than in the Dungeon, and are far more damaging. They are activated by Lihzahrd Pressure Plates, which only respond to players (enemies walk on them freely without triggering traps). Like Dungeon traps, all Temple Traps, Pressure Plates, and Wires can be taken by the player for use in player-built Mechanisms.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Even before entering Hardmode, Lihzahrds and Flying Snakes can spawn outside the Temple, if the player is standing directly in front of a Lihzahrd Brick Wall (in the Temple's entrance, for example). These pose a very high threat to players without late-game equipment.
- Lihzahrd Chests can sometimes generate outside of the doors of the Temple or very close to one of the Temple's edges, allowing loot to be obtained without entering the Temple itself.
- While the explosion-proof Lihzahrd Bricks and the Lihzahrd Altar can only be mined with a Picksaw, most other objects in the Temple, including traps, can be removed with low-tier tools. In the Mobile version, a Picksaw or explosives are required.
- It is possible for the Lihzahrd Altar room to be too small to fit the Golem. This will cause the Golem to clip through walls, and it will be unable to attack.
- On some rare occasions, the last chamber will be blocked by Lihzahrd Bricks, thus getting to fight Golem will be impossible. This can be countered by actuating the blocks in the way, using the Rod of Discord or using a hoik.
- In some extremely uncommon cases, the door of the Temple may lead to a wall and the rest of the entrance to the Temple may be located below the door.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- For tips on surviving in the Jungle Temple, see Surviving in the Jungle Temple. For tips on entering the Temple without the Temple Key, see the Jungle Temple section of the Skipping Ahead guide.
- If any area of the temple is blocked off, the player can use two Teleporters with some wire or Actuators with an Actuation Rod to bypass the blockage.
- The Jungle Temple is densely wired. Collecting all Wires in the Temple (using the Wire Cutter or The Grand Design) can net a player over 1000 wires.
- An effective way of avoiding the traps in the Temple is to hold a wire-related item (Wrench, Wire Cutter, or their upgrades, or devices or triggers) to make placed wires visible, or use a Mechanical Lens. The Dangersense Potion is also useful for this, as the buff also highlights Wooden Spikes in addition to traps and Pressure Plates.
- The Lihzahrd Furnace can be sold for
20000*2 , and since every Chest inside the Temple has one inside, you can easily get money by selling the excess.
- Using an item like the Binoculars or the Sniper Scope to extend the reach of your cursor can allow you to reach Lihzahrd Chests from the outside of the Temple in certain areas (e.g. the lowest/boss room).
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Wires of the Jungle Temple appear to have their colors based upon the horizontal position of the Pressure Plate they originate from.
- The Jungle Temple is likely based on Sen's Fortress from Dark Souls. Both have lizard-humanoid enemies, similar color schemes, and both are crammed full of traps. Additionally, both have bosses called Golem, although the Dark Souls boss has the prefix Iron.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: You can no longer teleport in front of Jungle Temple walls.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Lihzahrd walls can be harvested.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.08: Players can no longer pass through the Lihzahrd Door while it is locked.
- Console 1.03: The Lihzahrd Door can no longer be broken with a Drax.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.12773: Fixed a similar bug where players were teleported into the temple before defeating Plantera.
- Mobile 1.2.12715: Fixed a bug where players might get teleported into the temple before defeating Plantera.
- Mobile 1.2.17028: Lihzahrd Door can no longer be destroyed by Dynamite and the Holy Hand Grenade. Lihzahrd Traps can now only be broken with a Picksaw.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.