Living Fire Blocks
Living Fire Blocks are decorative furniture blocks that, when placed, resemble small animated flames and emit faint orange light. They deal no damage on contact, and can be freed with any pickaxe. Living Fire Blocks have a 1/50 (2%) chance of being dropped by any enemy killed in the Underworld during Hardmode, and drop in stacks of 20-50 at a time.
While Living Fire Blocks can be placed in a manner similar to traditional blocks, they are not actually foreground blocks but rather furniture items. They can attach to each other horizontally as well as vertically, but other traditional foreground block types will not attach to them. Like other furniture objects, Living Fire Blocks have no collision, allowing the player to walk directly through them.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
- Using the Living Fire Block, you can craft other, different types of Living Fire Blocks which look different, but are functionally identical. The recipes for these are listed below.
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Living fire blocks could be considered more useful than torches because, besides being easy to farm, they can be placed anywhere and are immune to being displaced by liquids. The only downside is that they are not as easily broken as torches.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like Fireblossoms and Obsidian, they are not destroyed when dropped into Lava, despite being a White-rarity item.
- They will not count as valid light sources or background walls for Houses.
- Their placement behavior is similar to Wooden Beams, except that Wooden Beams can only attach to each other vertically, while Living Fire Blocks can form horizontal arrangements as well. Also, other block types and furniture can be placed on Wooden Beams, but not on Living Fire Blocks, with the exception of platforms. Torches will also not attach to Living Fire Blocks.
- Living Fire Blocks can be placed in areas submerged by lava.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Moon Leech Clot and the Living Ultrabright Fire Block item sprites are identical.
- Living Ichor Block doesn't contain the word "Fire" unlike all the others.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Added variations.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: No longer destroyed by lava.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Added variants. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Added variants. ()
- Console 1.07: Introduced, not destroyed by lava.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced, not destroyed by lava.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced, not destroyed by lava.