Living Fire Blocks
Living Fire Blocks are animated background furniture blocks that, when placed, resemble small animated flames and emit faint orange light. They deal no damage on contact and can be freed with any pickaxe or drill. Living Fire Blocks have a
2*1/50 (2%) chance of being dropped by any enemy killed in the Underworld during Hardmode, and drop in stacks of 20–50 at a time.
While Living Fire Blocks can be placed in a manner similar to traditional, foreground blocks, they are actually in the background, similar to furniture, allowing the player to walk directly through them. They can attach to each other horizontally as well as vertically, but other traditional, foreground block types will not attach to them.
There are five color variations of the base Living Fire Block, all of which are crafted from it. They are functionally identical.
Types[edit | edit source]
|Living Fire Block
Internal Item ID: 2701
|Living Cursed Fire Block
Internal Item ID: 2751
|Living Demon Fire Block
Internal Item ID: 2752
|Living Frost Fire Block
Internal Item ID: 2753
|Living Ichor Block
Internal Item ID: 2754
|Living Ultrabright Fire Block
Internal Item ID: 2755
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
|Living Cursed Fire Block (20)||Crystal Ball|
|Living Demon Fire Block (20)|
|Living Frost Fire Block (20)|
|Living Ichor Block (20)|
|Living Ultrabright Fire Block (20)|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like Fireblossoms and Obsidian, regular Living Fire Blocks are not destroyed when dropped into lava, despite having a rarity of .
- However, the others types of Living Fire Blocks are not immune to lava.
- They will not count as valid light sources or background walls for houses.
- Their placement behavior is similar to Wooden Beams, except that Wooden Beams can only attach to each other vertically, while Living Fire Blocks can form horizontal arrangements as well. Also, other block types and furniture can be placed on Wooden Beams, but not on Living Fire Blocks, with the exception of platforms. Torches will also not attach to Living Fire Blocks.
- Living Fire Blocks can be placed in areas submerged by lava.
- While you are unable to hammer Living Fire Blocks normally, using a world editor, such as TEdit, you are able to place halved and sloped Living Fire Blocks.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Living Fire Blocks could be considered more useful than torches because, besides being easy to farm, they can be placed anywhere and are not displaced by liquids.
- Summoning King Slime in the Underworld can be an excellent way to farm for the fire blocks. Each of its summoned slimes killed gives the same chance of dropping Living Fire Blocks as any enemy, offering an average of two drops per kill (approximately 40–100 blocks per King Slime summoned).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Moon Leech Clot and the Living Ultrabright Fire Block item sprites are identical.
- Living Ichor Block does not contain the word "Fire", unlike all the others.
- The Living Demon Fire Block is tied with Shroomite Plating for having the longest crafting tree of a block.
- It would appear that the Wall of Flesh is able to drop Living Fire Blocks, likely with the same chance as a normal enemy.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Added variations.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: No longer destroyed by lava.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Added variants. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Added variants. ()
- Console 1.07: Introduced, not destroyed by lava.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced, not destroyed by lava.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced, not destroyed by lava.