Living Trees are large tree-shaped structures generated at world creation. Unlike regular trees, Living Trees are constructed from foreground Living Wood and Leaf Blocks, rather than being background objects that characters can pass through.
Living Trees are very large and often (but not always) contain an internal tunnel structure which leads down to a room containing Living Tree-themed furniture and a Living Wood Chest, all of which can be looted. The chest can contain either a Living Wood Wand (for placing Living Wood), a Leaf Wand (for placing Leaf Blocks), or a Living Loom (for crafting Living Wood furniture).
Contents[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When mined with a pickaxe or drill, Living Wood turns into plain Wood and Leaf Blocks are destroyed.
- In small worlds, some Living Trees extend high enough for Harpies to spawn.
- Up to five Living Trees can spawn in a single world.Verify
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Rooms in Living Trees can be used for NPC housing by simply adding a light source.
- During Hardmode, Living Trees act as natural barriers against the evil biomes' and Hallow's increased rate of spreading, provided that the area beneath the tree is cleared.
- Because the tunnel inside the tree is curving slightly and it contains several platforms, the player does not need to fear taking fall damage from jumping down.
- Living Trees are of great help fighting The Destroyer. Standing on top of a Living Tree forces the boss to make more predictable attacks.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Living Mahogany Trees introduced.
- Living Trees now spawn with Living Wood Platforms instead of Wood Platforms.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.