- Internal Item ID: 855
The Lucky Coin is an extremely rare Hardmode accessory that while equipped causes enemies to drop extra coins when damaged. The Lucky Coin is dropped by Pirates during a Pirate Invasion at a rate of 1/4000 (0.025%) or from the Flying Dutchman at a rate of 1/200 (0.5%), but is not dropped by Parrots.
With the Lucky Coin equipped, there is a 1/5 (20%) chance that 1 to 10 extra coins will drop each time the player damages an enemy. Each time extra coins drop, the following probabilities determine the coin type:
- 89.1% chance for copper coins
- 9.9% chance for silver coins
- 1% chance for gold coins
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On average, 6 9 will drop each time the effect occurs.
- This item is generally considered to be the best way to make money in-game, when paired with a very weak weapon, usually a Slime Staff with the Broken Modifier.
- Extra coins can drop from damage caused by player-placed traps in singleplayer, but can't in multiplayer.
- Extra coins will not drop from damage return effects, such as those provided by Turtle armor or Thorns Potion.
- The Lucky Coin is very rare. It takes an average of 33-34 complete Pirate Invasions before it drops.
- Like with the Lucky Horseshoe, is possible to get a Lucky Lucky Coin, with the modifier being Lucky, then the item's name.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- To maximize profits, use the Slime Staff and Tiki Armor together. Against stronger enemies (like Mimics), the baby slime summoned by the staff will attack rapidly, but only do 1 damage per hit. And with the Tiki Armor, you can summon even more baby slimes to hasten the process. This offers more chances for coins to drop. Using this tactic during a Pirate Invasion can easily produce 2-3 platinum coins per invasion, and during a Solar Eclipse to produce 4-5 platinum coins per eclipse.
- In Expert mode, enemies have increased health which means the amount of platinum coins can skyrocket anywhere from 10-15 . Enemies also pick up coins in expert mode, however, so letting anything escape can reduce the amount gathered dramatically.
- Fight weaker bosses such as the Wall of Flesh, as they will not deal much damage but have lots of health.
- Try using a Minishark. Its damage is low enough that it will usually only do one damage per hit to stronger enemies. Paired with it's fire rate, the amount of coin drops increase drastically.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Lucky Coin no longer drops coins from statue-spawned enemies.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
| Hardmode Accessories |
| Wings • • •
• • • • • • • • • • •
• • • • • • •
• • • • • • •
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
• • • |
• • • • •