|Type||Accessory – Crafting material|
|Tooltip||Negates Fall Damage|
|Internal Item ID: 158|
The Lucky Horseshoe is an accessory that negates Fall Damage. It can be found in Floating Island Chests, or by looting a Sky Crate that is obtained by fishing on the Floating Island. Lucky Horseshoes can be very handy when exploring Chasms because the player will not need to worry about being damaged from long vertical drops.
Once the player has found a Grappling Hook and/or a Cloud in a Bottle, the Lucky Horseshoe loses some of its usefulness, and can potentially be swapped out, although having one equipped is always a good safeguard, as the Grappling Hook can take some time to retract, and the Cloud in a Bottle can only be used once per fall. A set of Wings seems to remove any and all usefulness of this item, saving you an item slot, as it also negates fall damage completely, but Lucky Horseshoes can be accessed much sooner than any of the different Wings, seeing as wings are Hardmode Accessories.
Beware that this accessory does not work when the player is suffering from the Stoned debuff, which also incurs much more severe fall damage than normal.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
All versions[edit | edit source]
Desktop Version[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In the Mobile version, a Lucky Horseshoe can be found underground on the far left of the Tutorial island.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is possible for a Lucky Horseshoe to generate with the prefix "Lucky", giving it the name "Lucky Lucky Horseshoe".
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced three new crafting: Green Horseshoe Balloon, Amber Horseshoe Balloon, Pink Horseshoe Balloon.
- Desktop 1.2: Can now be combined with balloons.
- Desktop 1.1: Can now be combined with an Obsidian Skull to make the Obsidian Horseshoe.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.