|Placeable||√ (1 wide × 1 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||'A pebble of the heavens'|
Luminite is a Hardmode ore dropped exclusively by the Moon Lord in stacks of 70–90 (90–110). It can be used to craft Luminite Bars, which can then be used to craft several end-game items, like the Solar, Nebula, Vortex, and Stardust tools and armor.
Crafting all items (excluding ammunition) requires a total of 317 Luminite Bars (1,268 Luminite; requires defeating the Moon Lord 15–19 / 12–15 times). Crafting all items pertaining to one type of Lunar Fragment (i.e., armor, wings, pickaxe, and hamaxe) requires 68 Luminite Bars (204 Luminite) in addition to 85 of the Lunar Fragment; this requires defeating the Moon Lord only 3 / 2-3 times.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- All items crafted from Luminite produce a faint glow, even with vanity items equipped over them.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Selling Void Monoliths nets 1750 (233.33%) more than selling the required Luminite or an equivalent number of Luminite Bars.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In contrast to most ores, its bars are not crafted at a Furnace or forge, and it is not detected by the Spelunker Potion, Magic Lantern, Metal Detector, or Suspicious Looking Tentacle. It also does not have a specific associated armor set or sword, does not have an alternative ore, and despite being an endgame ore, it can be mined with any tier of pickaxe.
- Luminite is referred to as Lunar Ore in the game's source code.
- Wings made from Luminite are the only craftable wings that do not require Souls of Flight.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.