|Placeable||1 wide × 1 high|
|Use time||15 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||'A pebble of the heavens'|
Luminite is a Hardmode ore that drops exclusively from the Moon Lord, usually in stacks of 70–90 (90–110). It can be used to craft Luminite Bars, which can then be used to make a majority of end-game items, such as the Solar, Nebula, Vortex, and Stardust tools and armor.
Crafting all items requires 1,268 Luminite. This necessitates defeating Moon Lord 15–19 / 12–15 times.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It is the only ore that does not require any kind of Furnace or Forge in order to be smelted into bars.
- Despite being an endgame ore, Luminite can be mined with Copper and Tin Pickaxes.
- Even though Luminite is an "ore", it is not detected by the Spelunker Potion, Magic Lantern, Metal Detector, or the Suspicious Looking Tentacle.
- Luminite is the only ore that does not have its own designated armor set. Instead, it is crafted into the Solar Flare armor, the Stardust armor, the Vortex armor, and the Nebula armor.
- Wings made from Luminite are the only craftable wings that do not require Souls of Flight.
- Luminite is the only ore that does not have a sword designated to it.
- All items made from Luminite produce a faint glow, even with vanity layered above it.
- Luminite is referred to by the game's code as "Lunar Ore."
- Luminite is one of the four ores without alternative ores, the other three being Hellstone, Meteorite and Chlorophyte Ore.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.