|Placeable||(1 wide × 1 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||'A pebble of the heavens'|
Luminite is a Hardmode ore dropped exclusively by the Moon Lord in stacks of 70–90 (90–110). It can be used to craft Luminite Bars, which can then be used to craft several end-game items, like the Solar, Nebula, Vortex, and Stardust tools and armor.
Crafting all items requires 1,268 Luminite, which requires defeating Moon Lord 15–19 / 12–15 times.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- All items crafted from Luminite produce a faint glow, even with vanity items equipped over them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In contrast to most ores, its bars are not crafted at a Furnace or Forge, and it is not detected by Spelunker Potion, the Magic Lantern, Metal Detector, or Suspicious Looking Tentacle. It also does not have a specific associated armor set or sword, does not have an alternative ore, and despite being an endgame ore, it can be mined with any tier of Pickaxe.
- Luminite is referred to as "Lunar Ore" in the game's source code.
- Luminite is also a key item in the 2001 game Devil May Cry. But despite the strong similarities between the ores (same name, same colours and same sphere-like shape) it has not been confirmed yet that it's reference to Devil May Cry.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.