|Desktop-Only Content: This information (or parts of it) applies only to the desktop version of Terraria.|
- "Celestial creatures are invading!"
The Lunar Events are a series of four late-Hardmode events initiated by defeating the Lunatic Cultist boss. Once the boss is defeated, four random sections of the world each show a large moon in their backgrounds and spawn several unique enemies at high spawn rates, with one corresponding Celestial Tower in each. These areas can be found on the minimap via icons that represent each of their Celestial Towers.
Defeating a Celestial Tower reverts an area back to normal. In order to damage a Tower, one must first kill 100 enemies (150 in Expert Mode) from within its section, which removes the shield that protects the Tower and makes it vulnerable to attacks.
Defeating all four Celestial Towers triggers the status message "Impending doom approaches...", signifying that the Moon Lord, Terraria's final boss, is about to spawn. It spawns one minute after the message appears.
Contents[edit | edit source]
In the Solar area:
In the Vortex area:
In the Nebula area:
In the Stardust area:
After defeating all four pillars:
From Solar Pillar:
From Nebula Pillar:
From Stardust Pillar:
From Vortex Pillar:
From Moon Lord:
| From enemies:
Notes[edit | edit source]
- No celestial creatures drop coins, even with the Lucky Coin (or its derivatives) equipped. They also don't drop Presents during Christmas, Goodie Bags during Halloween, or Biome Keys.
- In a single-player world, the Celestial Towers will not disappear when the player dies or exits Terraria completely. The Towers must be destroyed in the world, otherwise they will stay in the world indefinitely.
- The Moon Lord may not be summoned via Celestial Sigil while the Towers are still active.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It can be helpful to launch the Lunar Events even if you don't have the means to survive them fully yet, as you will gradually defeat pillars, then can use the drops from that pillar to defeat the next one, and so on. Even if you lose to the Moon Lord, you will be much more prepared than you were before.
- Once the final pillar has been destroyed and "Impending doom approaches...", do not save and exit the game, as doing so will abort the event and stop the Moon Lord from spawning.
- A Solar Eclipse can occur during the Lunar Events.
- The pillars retain their damage, regardless of player deaths.
- An effective setup for melee players is The Horseman's Blade and Turtle Armor. Then build a small area where you can have lots of statues that spawn enemies so when your sword kills them, it spawns homing pumpkin heads. Have up to three statues of the same type.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The music played during the Lunar Events was made available as part of the second Terraria Soundtrack volume under the title "Lunar Boss" despite not being implemented in the game.
- This is one of the only two events in the game whose enemies don't drop coins, along with the Old One's Army.
- The game's files identify this event as the Lunar Apocalypse.
History[edit | edit source]
- 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
|Random Events||Rain • Slime Rain • Blood Moon • Sandstorm • Solar Eclipse|
|Summoned Events||Goblin Army • Frost Legion • Pirate Invasion • Solar Eclipse • Pumpkin Moon • Frost Moon • Martian Madness • Lunar Events • Party • Old One's Army|
|Seasonal Events||Chinese New Year • Valentine's Day • St. Patrick's Day • Easter • Oktoberfest • Thanksgiving • Halloween • Christmas|