"Celestial creatures are invading!"
The Lunar Events are a series of four late-Hardmode events initiated by defeating the Lunatic Cultist boss. Once the boss is defeated, four different sections of the world each show a large moon in their backgrounds and spawn several unique enemies at high spawn rates, with one corresponding Celestial Pillar in each. These areas can be found on the minimap via icons that represent each of their Celestial Pillars.
Defeating a Celestial Pillar reverts an area back to normal. In order to damage a pillar, one must first kill 100 / 150 enemies from within its section, which removes the shield that protects the pillar and makes it vulnerable to attacks.
Defeating all four Celestial Pillars triggers the status message "Impending doom approaches...", signifying that the Moon Lord, Terraria's final boss, is about to spawn. It spawns one minute after the message appears.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Celestial creatures do not drop coins, even with the Lucky Coin (or its derivatives) equipped. They also do not drop Presents during Christmas, Goodie Bags during Halloween, or Biome Keys.
- In a singleplayer world, the Celestial Pillars will not disappear when the player dies or exits Terraria completely. The pillars must be destroyed in the world, otherwise they will stay in the world indefinitely.
- The Moon Lord may not be summoned via the Celestial Sigil while the pillars are still active.
- Exiting the world after the "Impending doom approaches..." status message has appeared will cancel the event and prevent the Moon Lord from spawning.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It can be helpful to launch the Lunar Events even if the player does not have the means to survive them fully yet, as gradually defeating pillars grants access to stronger equipment. Even if the fight against the Moon Lord is lost, the player will be much better prepared than before.
- A Solar Eclipse can occur during the Lunar Events. However, while near a pillar, the pillar's enemy spawns will override those of the Solar Eclipse.
- Because neither sentries nor the pillars despawn or leave when the player dies or leaves, as enemies do, sentries can continue attacking a pillar with no players nearby, as long as the shield is already gone.
- Flying in and out of the celestial area, killing mobs as you go can help lower the shield's health and eventually shatter it. When the shield is broken, fire a projectile that isn't affected by gravity and can go long distances such as the Terra Blade's Terra Beam, at the tower by being on level with it outside of the area. Keeping level ground mid-air could be easier helped with the Static Hook or the Cosmic Car Key.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The music played during the Lunar Events was made available as part of the second Terraria Soundtrack volume under the title "Lunar Boss" despite not being implemented in the game.
- This is one of the only two events in the game whose enemies do not drop coins, along with the Old One's Army .
- The game's files identify this event as the "Lunar Apocalypse".
- While the Lunar Events are active, events such as the Pirate Invasion may occur.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.